[SOLVED] Is this build okay for a budget build?

Dec 30, 2019
Guys I want to upgrade my system unit without changing my motherboard
My Mobo msi fm2-a55m-a33 and these are the parts that I found that are compatible with my mobo.. do you think this is enough for low to mid graphics gaming with 50-60 fps? P.S I HAVE NOT BOUGHT THIS YET

Cpu:apu a10-6800k quad core

Ddr 3 16gb(2x 8gb) ram 1866mhz

Rx 5804gb

Solution
If you are shopping on ebay or similar and can get good prices, it's not going to hurt to do that, if your bios supports such a move, a a10-7850k would be better, but if buying a new cpu, then no.

I'm assuming it's a pre-built like HP or Dell, so looking into whether you can upgrade is something to be done first as bios can and does limit cpus upgrades. Basically if you wanted a better cpu, those companies feel you should have bought the upgraded model so don't allow much on lower end models.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If you are shopping on ebay or similar and can get good prices, it's not going to hurt to do that, if your bios supports such a move, a a10-7850k would be better, but if buying a new cpu, then no.

I'm assuming it's a pre-built like HP or Dell, so looking into whether you can upgrade is something to be done first as bios can and does limit cpus upgrades. Basically if you wanted a better cpu, those companies feel you should have bought the upgraded model so don't allow much on lower end models.

Solution
Dec 30, 2019

I see thanks for your advice I didnt know a
What PSU?
its a generic one.. 600watts

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
So basically this model is too old☹
It depends on the games your playing if your playing Minecraft and rocket league or something it will be alright for those anything beyond that not really. If possible you could upgrade to a x58 system you can usually get CPUs and motherboards fairly cheap for those and you can swap your ram to that too. X58 still isn’t amazing for gaming today but it will play all modern games and not have too bad of fps. I have a x58 system and I can play forza horizon 4 in 4K high settings and get 60-70fps with my 1070 .

WildCard999

Titan
If you have a somewhat steady disposable income (even if not much) could you get a better PSU & GPU now then save up for a better CPU/MB/RAM a few months from now? Something like the RX 570 used should be fairly cheap and even though your current CPU will hold it back it should still be a massive improvement from the iGPU.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Being on the Philippines, you can get a Lot of stuff from Singapore or Hong Kong at far cheaper prices than those of us in the States. One of the largest sellers is 3rd and 4th gen Intel, so the used market around there for that stuff is amazing. Might try shopping around. It all depends on what is going to work out. If you do have a Dell or HP or Sony etc, it'd be best just to sell that completely and start over, the availability for upgrade on those is very dismal and can be highly overpriced.

Reactions: WildCard999

TRENDING THREADS