Question Is this build okay?

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NdWgfP
My only concern is the powersupply, because i will be using that from my current custom built pc from 2018 with an 6700k , i just want to know if everything will work even the psu. And if there is a better intel 11th gen cpu thats better than the 10700k. Or if the i7 11700k is worth the money. Im just looking for the best cpu but around $300-$380. Gpu im not looking to upgrade, im using that with the 6700k atm. I used a pcbuild website to see if anything would bottleneck but idk if its accurate

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I think that ram combo is the biggest flag on the list.
If you get lucky on the mixed ram lottery, then it changes to the cooler: the pump-in-radiator design doesn't work as well compared to the more traditional pump-in-cpu block design.

If you can't acquire an actual 4x 8GB kit, then make do with a 2x 16GB one.
If this is being done because you want to fill in all the dimm slots, then I have to warn you that you are the beta tester with that 2x 8 plus 2x 8 config.
Yes, the rated speed and timings may be the same, but all that does is raise the compatibility rate, it is not guaranteed compatible until you've done the testing.
With a 4x 8GB kit, the testing and certification is already done for you.

i just want to know if everything will work even the psu.
No, until you do some ram tests with that ram config. Otherwise, it's up in the air.
I believe the psu is fine.

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
If you get lucky on the mixed ram lottery, then it changes to the cooler: the pump-in-radiator design doesn't work as well compared to the more traditional pump-in-cpu block design.

If this is being done because you want to fill in all the dimm slots, then I have to warn you that you are the beta tester with that 2x 8 plus 2x 8 config.
Yes, the rated speed and timings may be the same, but all that does is raise the compatibility rate, it is not guaranteed compatible until you've done the testing.

No, until you do some ram tests with that ram config. Otherwise, it's up in the air.
Im a little lost on what you mean like “the biggest flag on the list” and im lost about the aio cooler. You think im better off with 4x 8gb? Sorry im just a little confused. What would you do about the ram?

zodz77

Prominent
Jun 10, 2019
My only concern is the powersupply, because i will be using that from my current custom built pc from 2018 with an 6700k , i just want to know if everything will work even the psu. And if there is a better intel 11th gen cpu thats better than the 10700k. Or if the i7 11700k is worth the money. Im just looking for the best cpu but around $300-$380. Gpu im not looking to upgrade, im using that with the 6700k atm. I used a pcbuild website to see if anything would bottleneck but idk if its accurate
The computer build looks good too me.

Reactions: TommyTwoTone66

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Biggest flag = component most likely to cause you problems down the road.

You think im better off with 4x 8gb?
If you HAVE to have all the dimm slots filled up, then yes. Otherwise, if you need 32GBs, then do 2x 16GB.
As I said earlier, a 4x 8GB kit has already been tested and certified to work for you.
That 2x 8 plus 2x 8? That is an unknown. Same speed and timings? That doesn't guarantee compatibility, but increase your odds of winning the ram lottery.

im lost about the aio cooler
The Coreliquid utilizes a pump in the radiator design just like the popular Kraken M22. Track record for this design isn't that great.
Higher failure rates - that's the gist of it.

What would you do about the ram?
I would just get 2x 16GB. Easier on the cpu's Internal Memory Controller, but aesthetics don't matter much for me.

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
[HQUOTE="FluffyButtonsXD, post: 22310855, member: 2789686"]
Im a little lost on what you mean like “the biggest flag on the list” and im lost about the aio cooler. You think im better off with 4x 8gb? Sorry im just a little confused. What would you do about the ram?
[/QUOTE]
He's asking you to go for an 2x16 gb kit if possible or an 4x8gb like filling all the dimm slots. I suggest you to go for an 2x16 kit for better compatibility

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020

I know what you mean now by the ram, and why they come in kits, you are saying i could do 2 sticks for 32 gb or 4 sticks for 8 gb but they are in kits, instead of having two kits wouldnt have much pf a performance and it wouldn’t work to well. Still confused about the aio cooler

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020

If you HAVE to have all the dimm slots filled up, then yes. Otherwise, if you need 32GBs, then do 2x 16GB.
As I said earlier, a 4x 8GB kit has already been tested and certified to work for you.
That 2x 8 plus 2x 8? That is an unknown. Same speed and timings? That doesn't guarantee compatibility, but increase your odds of winning the ram lottery.

The Coreliquid utilizes a pump in the radiator design just like the popular Kraken M22. Track record for this design isn't that great.

I would just get 2x 16GB. Easier on the cpu's Internal Memory Controller, but aesthetics don't matter much for me.
Ok my apologies, I understand now. Do you think 3200 mhz is good enough. I was going to do 3600mhz. And oh ok i was just trying to match the motherboard and cooler (same brand) thats all

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020

What would you recommend for an AIO liquid cooling system? I heard the 10700k gets pretty hot. I was mainly looking for an RGB AIO cooling system with only two radiator fans, only reason being is on the Lian li lancool ii. I have the 3 stock fans in the front part of the case drawing in air. Then the back fan would be the 1 corsair fan and the only other spot for the aio cooling fans/radiator would be up top but it only fits up to 2 x 240mm fans

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
I know what you mean now by the ram, and why they come in kits, you are saying i could do 2 sticks for 32 gb or 4 sticks for 8 gb but they are in kits, instead of having two kits wouldnt have much pf a performance and it wouldn’t work to well. Still confused about the aio cooler
That cooler seems reliable t
Ok my apologies, I understand now. Do you think 3200 mhz is good enough. I was going to do 3600mhz. And oh ok i was just trying to match the motherboard and cooler (same brand) thats a
fo
Ok my apologies, I understand now. Do you think 3200 mhz is good enough. I was going to do 3600mhz. And oh ok i was just trying to match the motherboard and cooler (same brand) thats all
For ram, instead of the cl 18, go for an cl16 one, cl is case latency. The lower is better. And as for ram speed it depends upon the type of gpu, you use, high end GPUs are ram hungry, so for an rtx 2070 buy an 2x16 3600mhz cl16 one

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
What would you recommend for an AIO liquid cooling system? I heard the 10700k gets pretty hot. I was mainly looking for an RGB AIO cooling system with only two radiator fans, only reason being is on the Lian li lancool ii. I have the 3 stock fans in the front part of the case drawing in air. Then the back fan would be the 1 corsair fan and the only other spot for the aio cooling fans/radiator would be up top but it only fits up to 2 x 240mm fans
I would suggest an cooler master ML V2 240 rgb

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
3200 is ok. 3600 should have a edge though.

i was just trying to match the motherboard and cooler (same brand) thats all
I see...
Well, I looked for a bit, and found that Msi went back to the traditional pump in cpu block design with the Coreliquid K series - K240. But that thing is crazy expensive...

I heard the 10700k gets pretty hot.
It's actually not that bad under the Intel defined specs. [Intel defined specs = out of box performance, basically.]
It's gained bad rep because of PEBKACs.
More and more people get the idea, or are perhaps persuaded to overclock/performance tune these already maxed out of the factory cpus for trivial %s of superficial extra performance.
Doing so makes the power consumption go through the roof, thus causing them to spend excessive amounts of money on coolers and motherboards they don't really need.

Short version: a 10700K can be cooled with a 240mm hybrid cooler. The MOMENT you get the idea to overclock it, you'd best up your cooling big time.

What would you recommend for an AIO liquid cooling system?
I was mainly looking for an RGB AIO cooling system with only two radiator fans, only reason being is on the Lian li lancool ii...
Well, Lian Li has their Galahad coolers! You could at least match the Lancool with that?

Sorry, I'm off to bed after this.

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
3200 is ok. 3600 should have a edge though.

I see...
Well, I looked for a bit, and found that Msi went back to the traditional pump in cpu block design with the Coreliquid K series - K240. But that thing is crazy expensive...

It's actually not that bad under the Intel defined specs. [Intel defined specs = out of box performance, basically.]
It's gained bad rep because of PEBKACs.
More and more people get the idea, or are perhaps persuaded to overclock/performance tune these already maxed out of the factory cpus for trivial %s of superficial extra performance.
Doing so makes the power consumption go through the roof, thus causing them to spend excessive amounts of money on coolers and motherboards they don't really need.

Short version: a 10700K can be cooled with a 240mm hybrid cooler. The MOMENT you get the idea to overclock it, you'd best up your cooling big time.

Well, Lian Li has their Galahad coolers! You could at least match the Lancool with that?

Sorry, I'm off to bed after this.
Not much into cpu overclocking, only gpu. I mean overall you say out of the box its a good cpu, do u have any other intel recommendations or amd cpus within the same price range??? Sorry i know you are off to bed but its no rush

Last edited:

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
Not sure what you mean exactly still somewhat new with bios related stuff. But you would say go for the 11700f vs the 10700k? How come??
For a few reasons. First OC isn't what it used to be .. minimal gains for more heat, secondly the 11th gen cpu's support PCIe 4, thirdly the B560 boards support memory OC not to mention they are a lot cheaper. Turn off the power limiter in the bios and that cpu will stay in turbo boost a lot longer.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
There is literally no point overclocking a CPU these days, they overclock themselves anyway and you rarely see any actual performance gains.

Overclocking a GPU is a great way to shorten the lifespan of your card, make it spin up it’s fans really loud, and introduce very high temps into your case in exchange for an extra 3 FPS in CyberPunk. Do this if you really want to, but I can’t really recommend it.

The 11700F is the one of the fastest CPUs you can get at the moment. It’s significantly cheaper than the “K” for two reasons:
1 - It doesn’t overclock (which is a good thing)
2 - It doesn’t have onboard graphics (which you don’t need).

Your 9700K or 10700K are overclocking CPUs, which is what the “K” means. So if you don’t intend to overclock it, which you say you don’t, then you’re wasting money getting a K series, since the cheaper 9700F or 10700F will perform the exact same.

The 11700F is a brand new part and is pretty much the quickest non-OC CPU you can get right now, and is a great choice.

Get the Asus motherboard, not MSI.

Reactions: Why_Me

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
There is literally no point overclocking a CPU these days, they overclock themselves anyway and you rarely see any actual performance gains.

Overclocking a GPU is a great way to shorten the lifespan of your card, make it spin up it’s fans really loud, and introduce very high temps into your case in exchange for an extra 3 FPS in CyberPunk. Do this if you really want to, but I can’t really recommend it.

The 11700F is the one of the fastest CPUs you can get at the moment. It’s significantly cheaper than the “K” for two reasons:
1 - It doesn’t overclock (which is a good thing)
2 - It doesn’t have onboard graphics (which you don’t need).

Your 9700K or 10700K are overclocking CPUs, which is what the “K” means. So if you don’t intend to overclock it, which you say you don’t, then you’re wasting money getting a K series, since the cheaper 9700F or 10700F will perform the exact same.

The 11700F is a brand new part and is pretty much the quickest non-OC CPU you can get right now, and is a great choice.

Get the Asus motherboard, not MSI.
So the 11700f and 10700f you recommend? I know they don’t have onboard graphics, i mean is it a need ever? Not to game on but like if my gpu messed up and had to troubleshoot something

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
So the 11700f and 10700f you recommend? I know they don’t have onboard graphics, i mean is it a need ever? Not to game on but like if my gpu messed up and had to troubleshoot something

Sure. Although in 10+ years of owning cpus with onboard graphics, I've done this exactly zero times. Then again I don’t tend to overclock my GPUs or crypto mine so I don’t tend to have issues with them.

If you think that might be an issue then keep an old GPU around just in case.

Reactions: Why_Me
There is hardly much difference between 10th and 11th gen...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnWA7-XzAzM

I would go with this for best value for money...
PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor | $320.20 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler | Deepcool ASSASSIN III 90.37 CFM CPU Cooler | $89.99 @ B&H
Motherboard | Asus TUF Gaming Z590-PLUS WIFI ATX LGA1200 Motherboard | $250.99 @ Newegg
Memory | Crucial Ballistix 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory | $187.99 @ Adorama
Storage | HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | $129.99 @ Newegg
Video Card | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Founders Edition Video Card |-
Case | Corsair 275R Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case | $79.98 @ Amazon
Power Supply | EVGA G2 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply |-
Case Fan | Scythe Slipstream 110.31 CFM 120 mm Fan | $9.99 @ Amazon
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $1089.11
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-05-08 05:23 EDT-0400 |

You can also go with AMD...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor | $427.03 @ Amazon
Motherboard | Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard | $192.99 @ B&H
Memory | Crucial Ballistix 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory | $187.99 @ Adorama
Power Supply | EVGA G2 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply |-
| Total | $1137.94
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-05-08 05:30 EDT-0400 |

Last edited:

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
There is hardly much difference between 10th and 11th gen...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnWA7-XzAzM

I would go with this for best value for money...
PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
CPU | Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor | $320.20 @ Amazon
Motherboard | Asus TUF Gaming Z590-PLUS WIFI ATX LGA1200 Motherboard | $250.99 @ Newegg
| Total | $1089.11
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-05-08 05:23 EDT-0400 |

Swap the K for F.
Change 32GB to 16GB
Lose the $10 fans since your case already comes with fans
Get a much cheaper B460 motherboard that doesn’t support overclocking
Swap the cooler to a smaller one

These changes save approx $400 / 30% of the system cost with zero performance sacrifice.

Now you have value for money.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qp46fP

Last edited: