[SOLVED] Is this build right for 1080p 144hz?

Sep 24, 2019
Hi, I’m going to build a new pc, are the components that I’ve chosen right for playing the newest games at 1080p 144hz?

Motherboard:
MSI MEG Z390 ACE

Graphic card:
MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO

CPU:
Intel i7-9700K

RAM:
Team Group Excalibur RGB 16 GB DDR4 4000 MHz

All In One Liquid Cooler:
Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition

Fans:
Thermaltake Riing Plus 12 RGB Radiator Fan TT (x2)

Power supply:
Seasonic Focus Plus 650W

SSD:
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB

Case:
LIAN LI PC-O11 Dynamic Designed by Razer

Solution
Depends on what you are playing to be honest, plenty of games out there that will run on far less at 144FPS. Latest AAA titles, some of them yes. And you always have that ray tracing option to flip on. Dynamic Super Resolution, render at 4K and downscale to 1080p, or what have you. Not a recommendation, just saying we don't really know what you plan to use this for.

More GPU just means you have more options. Either it will keep up with the times for longer, or you can start considering things like 1080p 240hz or 1440p 144-165hz monitors.
Sep 24, 2019
Overkill, but that is good I suppose.

You could probably spend a little less on some things and get a faster GPU. 4000Mhz memory, get a more reasonable Z390 board, cheaper chassis... but if you just want that stuff, go for it.
They say that the 2070 Super is the best for 1080p...

throwawayaccnt

Reputable
Apr 20, 2016
Hi, I’m going to build a new pc, are the components that I’ve chosen right for playing the newest games at 1080p 144hz?

Motherboard:
MSI MEG Z390 ACE

Graphic card:
MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO

CPU:
Intel i7-9700K

RAM:
Team Group Excalibur RGB 16 GB DDR4 4000 MHz

All In One Liquid Cooler:
Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition

Fans:
Thermaltake Riing Plus 12 RGB Radiator Fan TT (x2)

Power supply:
Seasonic Focus Plus 650W

SSD:
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB

Case:
LIAN LI PC-O11 Dynamic Designed by Razer
+Seasonic, +2070super, +samsung970 EVO

those were good picks

I'm going to agree with Eximo that your listed 4000MHz is overkill, not only that I'm not too enthusiastic about the brand&series choice for the memory. You're going to have very minimal gains over 3600MHz, anything you do see will likely be not gaming related. You didn't list a budget so I'm assuming you're willing to shell out extra for this baby, highly recommend Samsung B-Die memory sticks for low latency if you can source them.

I also agree with his point in possibly upping that 2070sup to a 2080sup with what you'd save by toning down your memory & chassis. Can't speak to the board as I'm still using a Z370 for my rig.

But it's ultimately your system. go with what you want to look at and use for the next X amount of years

Sep 24, 2019
+Seasonic, +2070super, +samsung970 EVO

those were good picks

I'm going to agree with Eximo that your listed 4000MHz is overkill, not only that I'm not too enthusiastic about the brand&series choice for the memory. You're going to have very minimal gains over 3600MHz, anything you do see will likely be not gaming related. You didn't list a budget so I'm assuming you're willing to shell out extra for this baby, highly recommend Samsung B-Die memory sticks for low latency if you can source them.

I also agree with his point in possibly upping that 2070sup to a 2080sup with what you'd save by toning down your memory & chassis. Can't speak to the board as I'm still using a Z370 for my rig.

But it's ultimately your system. go with what you want to look at and use for the next X amount of years
I heard that I could’t use a 2080 Super in it’s full power on a 1080p monitor

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on what you are playing to be honest, plenty of games out there that will run on far less at 144FPS. Latest AAA titles, some of them yes. And you always have that ray tracing option to flip on. Dynamic Super Resolution, render at 4K and downscale to 1080p, or what have you. Not a recommendation, just saying we don't really know what you plan to use this for.

More GPU just means you have more options. Either it will keep up with the times for longer, or you can start considering things like 1080p 240hz or 1440p 144-165hz monitors.

Solution
Sep 24, 2019

Understood... one last question, should I use rubber screws to mount fans?