[SOLVED] Is this build the best value for money?

Feb 22, 2020
Hi all,

Built my pc years ago, currently running a GTX 660 and FX-8320 with 8GB RAM, which is now struggling with most newer games being released.
Going to upgrade soon, thinking of getting a 1080ti, Ryzen 7 2700X, and 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM.

I also want a new motherboard, but don't know which will get the best performance for a relatively cheap price.

Is this a decent enough setup? Or am I spending too much/too little? I want to be able to play brand new games at at least 60fps, and want it to last a good few years with no upgrades required.

My budget is around £750 if that helps.

Cheers everyone

Solution
Get a 2600 instead of a 2700X, the difference in performance is not worth the extra cost. Any board should do fine, but I suggest an MSI B450 Tomahawk. 1080 Ti is a good buy as long as you are getting it for around $400 or so, which usually means getting it used.
Whether you will get 60fps depends on resolution.
Get a 2600 instead of a 2700X, the difference in performance is not worth the extra cost. Any board should do fine, but I suggest an MSI B450 Tomahawk. 1080 Ti is a good buy as long as you are getting it for around $400 or so, which usually means getting it used.
Whether you will get 60fps depends on resolution.

Solution
Feb 22, 2020
I'll be playing in 1080p unless in the next couple years I upgrade, but not a priority for me really.
Same with overclocking as well, just not something I'll be doing any time soon, so will I be sound with stock coolers? I have a Coolermaster Hyper 212 evo, so I hope it will suffice because my case doesn't have the best airflow through it.

I'll be playing in 1080p unless in the next couple years I upgrade, but not a priority for me really.
Same with overclocking as well, just not something I'll be doing any time soon, so will I be sound with stock coolers? I have a Coolermaster Hyper 212 evo, so I hope it will suffice because my case doesn't have the best airflow through it.
Either the stock cooler or the 212 Evo will do. The 212 will probably be quieter and keep temps slightly lower.
A 1080 Ti will have no trouble playing 1080p60 with max settings. What price are you getting the 1080 Ti for?

Feb 22, 2020
I've seen them around £300, there's a few knocking about in my area so that's no drama really, just wanting to know if I'm spending money on stuff that's gonna last and not need upgrading in two years.