[SOLVED] Is this build worth it?

Mar 10, 2021
My friend is offering me a PC with a 1060 3gb, 500 watt power supply, intel I5 6400 - 2.7 ghz, 16 gb ddr4, and a Logitech g 610 metal mechanical keyboard (MX Brown switches), case, mouse, monitor, windows. He’s not sure what type of motherboard, but that too. All for $300. I know some aspects are weaker links, like maybe the CPU, but I don’t know much about computers. What’s a fair price for this build and what would I want to replace first?

Solution
My friend is offering me a PC with a 1060 3gb, 500 watt power supply, intel I5 6400 - 2.7 ghz, 16 gb ddr4, and a Logitech g 610 metal mechanical keyboard (MX Brown switches), case, mouse, monitor, windows. He’s not sure what type of motherboard, but that too. All for $300. I know some aspects are weaker links, like maybe the CPU, but I don’t know much about computers. What’s a fair price for this build and what would I want to replace first?
Ahhhhhh...... Take that deal like now the gpu alone basically is worth it. With todays gpu market take the deal 1060 are like the highest tear low end cards on todays market. Cpu would be your first step to upgrade seeing as the board is ddr4 it's somewhat newer cpu and maybe not sure what...
Ahhhhhh...... Take that deal like now the gpu alone basically is worth it. With todays gpu market take the deal 1060 are like the highest tear low end cards on todays market. Cpu would be your first step to upgrade seeing as the board is ddr4 it's somewhat newer cpu and maybe not sure what psu is so cant say but cpu seems to be oldest thing in the list

Reactions: GlueGun56
Solution
Ahhhhhh...... Take that deal like now the gpu alone basically is worth it. With todays gpu market take the deal 1060 are like the highest tear low end cards on todays market. Cpu would be your first step to upgrade seeing as the board is ddr4 it's somewhat newer cpu and maybe not sure what psu is so cant say but cpu seems to be oldest thing in the list
Sorry fair price for this $550 deepending on mobo more and even psu could be worth a a lot.... Mobo heavily very in price same as psus and everything else.
Gotcha. That makes a lot of sense! Thanks!