[SOLVED] Is this build worthit?

Itz_TryFX

Honorable
Jul 14, 2017
So I was planning on purchasing a PC and one of my dad's friends are selling a PC for £350 and I don't know a lot about PC's and I was wondering if this PC was any good. If you coould let me know what type of questions I should ask him when I go to see if is good, that would be great.

Let me know your opinion about this PC and if it is worth £350

(I copied and pasted his message)

"• Fully functional complete system ideal for Mid-Range gaming such as Fortnite, PUBG etc...
• Cooler Master Gaming Tower in Very Clean Condition
• 21.5" Acer Monitor
• 1 x Sub-Woofer and 5 x Satellite Speakers Configuration
• DELL Standard Keyboard
• HP Standard Mouse

• Digitally Activated Windows 10 Pro Edition, 64 Bits
• Activated Microsoft Office 2010

• Intel Core i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Turbo up to 3.60GHz)
• Wifi Dongle for Fast Wireless Internet (1200Mbps, USB 3.0)
• 256GB SSD + 320GB HDD Harddrive Combo
• 16GB RAM, DDR3 (1600 MHz)
• 4GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon R9 290X Graphics Card with 2 DVI, 1 HDMI and 1 Display Ports
• 9 USB Ports (2 In Front, 7 at the Back), VGA, HDMI, DVI and Ethernet Ports on the Main motherboard
• Mic and Earphone Ports (Front and Back)
• 1 x DVD RW Drive

Really good price for these specs and whole assembly.

https://gyazo.com/b70e2ed2149a144d11a20968dfabfa47 "

Thank you guys, appreciate it!

Solution
At a glance, I wouldn't say it's "worth" £350 these days, to me at least - a lot of it is quite dated &/or entry level.
Overall, forms a solid mid-range PC for the types of titles they're listing...

In strict 'value', maybe £120 for the CPU/MB/RAM, £70 for the GPU - that's probably your 'big ticket' items of the bunch.

Maybe £20-£30 for the SSD+HDD, £40 for the monitor+ peripherals....

Assembled, ready to go, I wouldn't be prepared to pay a penny over £250 if I needed such a system - but if they're providing warranty, or is the person you'd go see if you have an issue (and they wouldn't charge you), then maybe, to a new user, it might (just about) make sense.

For £350, you could assemble a modern system (Ryzen3, DDR4... maybe a...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
At a glance, I wouldn't say it's "worth" £350 these days, to me at least - a lot of it is quite dated &/or entry level.

In strict 'value', maybe £120 for the CPU/MB/RAM, £70 for the GPU - that's probably your 'big ticket' items of the bunch.

Assembled, ready to go, I wouldn't be prepared to pay a penny over £250 if I needed such a system - but if they're providing warranty, or is the person you'd go see if you have an issue (and they wouldn't charge you), then maybe, to a new user, it might (just about) make sense.

For £350, you could assemble a modern system (Ryzen3, DDR4... maybe a 1650-1660).... which really skews pricing on older hardware.

Solution

Itz_TryFX

Honorable
Jul 14, 2017

For £350, you could assemble a modern system (Ryzen3, DDR4... maybe a 1650-1660).... which really skews pricing on older hardware.
Ok thank you very much!