[SOLVED] Is this bundle worth the price?

Solution
Im building a new PC after about 3 years building my current one.
What are your opinions on the build? Ill be still using my 1070 for now so thats why its in there, and will be using my current 2tb and 250gb ssd aswel.

https://ie.pcpartpicker.com/user/SteoGray/saved/#view=xCCgLk

I'm curious why you are going with a high end motherboard paired with a locked i9 9900? Surely for gaming performance you would be better with an unlocked 9900K for the higher clocks?

To be honest vs a vanilla 9900 I think you would be better off going with AMD. You'll get the same performance for less money and have an upgrade path (current Intel platform is being replaced for 10th gen so no future upgrades on that socket, AMD have 1 generation...

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Looking to build a new pc, havent been keeping up with components, specs the last 2-3 years. Is this bundle worth it?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Components...ncoding=UTF8&refRID=NKHB289CD84BFKG3A09P&th=1
I would highly suggest not to go with this Bundle.

As some components aren't upto mark with high end processor.

so its better if you can hook in market to get sweat and make your own hardware choice for beat build.

This is my opinion. Rest is your Great choice😊

Im building a new PC after about 3 years building my current one.
What are your opinions on the build? Ill be still using my 1070 for now so thats why its in there, and will be using my current 2tb and 250gb ssd aswel.

https://ie.pcpartpicker.com/user/SteoGray/saved/#view=xCCgLk

I'm curious why you are going with a high end motherboard paired with a locked i9 9900? Surely for gaming performance you would be better with an unlocked 9900K for the higher clocks?

To be honest vs a vanilla 9900 I think you would be better off going with AMD. You'll get the same performance for less money and have an upgrade path (current Intel platform is being replaced for 10th gen so no future upgrades on that socket, AMD have 1 generation left in AM4, as well as higher core count cpu's if you need them).

Personally I'd look at an X570 board + Ryzen 7 3700X or 3800X which will give similar performance to the stock 9900 or you could even go with a Ryzen 9 3900X which would give you a nice performance boost if you do any productivity type stuff (the extra cores don't really benefit games, at least for the time being).

Solution

Grayy_

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2015

To be honest vs a vanilla 9900 I think you would be better off going with AMD. You'll get the same performance for less money and have an upgrade path (current Intel platform is being replaced for 10th gen so no future upgrades on that socket, AMD have 1 generation left in AM4, as well as higher core count cpu's if you need them).

Personally I'd look at an X570 board + Ryzen 7 3700X or 3800X which will give similar performance to the stock 9900 or you could even go with a Ryzen 9 3900X which would give you a nice performance boost if you do any productivity type stuff (the extra cores don't really benefit games, at least for the time being).
I probably will go with the 9900k, just forgot to change it up. Always been intel so just gonna stick with intel for obnoxious reasons lol. Anything else other than the cpu?

I probably will go with the 9900k, just forgot to change it up. Always been intel so just gonna stick with intel for obnoxious reasons lol. Anything else other than the cpu?

Nothing wrong with going with Intel if that's what you want - there's no denying the 9900K is a gaming monster (it was the locked 9900 that confused me!).

AMD are killing it at the moment but Intel still offer a good solution especially in gaming and I think they will probably maintain their gaming lead with the next gen as well thanks to the insane clock speeds they can hit.

Grayy_

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2015
Nothing wrong with going with Intel if that's what you want - there's no denying the 9900K is a gaming monster (it was the locked 9900 that confused me!).

AMD are killing it at the moment but Intel still offer a good solution especially in gaming and I think they will probably maintain their gaming lead with the next gen as well thanks to the insane clock speeds they can hit.
Thats good to hear. Have you got a case recomendation?

Thats good to hear. Have you got a case recomendation?

Not really, I always go very understated on my builds and just look for a cheap case with plenty of fan mounts and that is big enough to take a full size ATX motherboard. There's plenty of cases that meet those criteria that don't cost to much. It's a lot of the more expensive cases that actually can cause problems with airflow when they do bizarre things like block off the front of the case with a glass panel (then put RGB fans behind it that can't get any airflow save for a tiny gap around the edges of the glass).

Grayy_

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2015
Not really, I always go very understated on my builds and just look for a cheap case with plenty of fan mounts and that is big enough to take a full size ATX motherboard. There's plenty of cases that meet those criteria that don't cost to much. It's a lot of the more expensive cases that actually can cause problems with airflow when they do bizarre things like block off the front of the case with a glass panel (then put RGB fans behind it that can't get any airflow save for a tiny gap around the edges of the glass).
So do you think im good to go with these parts then?

Would the Noctua not hold up well enough do you think?

Yeah I think that would be good to cool down the cpu but it just my experence with air coolers because they been pain to put onto motherboard when changing thermel paste because there big and heavy!. But with the water cooling ones there really nice and friendly and my i9 9900k is running idle temps between 29 to 35 on 5ghz!