Question Is this buzzing noise from laptop GPU normal?

Feb 16, 2022
I experience this buzzing sound from my GPU on Asus ROG STRIX G15, but is it normal or RMA? I just bought it yesterday and the noise has been there from the beginning.
I have tried running the GPU fan without the CPU fan and therefore know that it's the GPU.

See the video below.
It is especially noticeable in the end of the video when the fan stops.

View: https://youtu.be/yLmbCJ0SeLI

Feb 16, 2022
Hi there, thanks and thanks for replying. It might be perfectly normal, but the sound of the GPU fan is just very different from the CPU fan which is much more smooth.

I forgot to mention that the noise stops once giving the laptop a 1mm nudge from the table and upwards.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Hi there, thanks and thanks for replying. It might be perfectly normal, but the sound of the GPU fan is just very different from the CPU fan which is much more smooth.

I forgot to mention that the noise stops once giving the laptop a 1mm nudge from the table and upwards.
That might mean the air intakes are somehow blocked when it's resting on the table and moving it upwards lets some more air in and the fans rev down. Maybe the air vents/intakes are somehow blocked by dust and such inside?

Feb 16, 2022
That might mean the air intakes are somehow blocked when it's resting on the table and moving it upwards lets some more air in and the fans rev down. Maybe the air vents/intakes are somehow blocked by dust and such inside?
No, I don't think it's a blocked air intake. It's instantly changing sound when I lift it as much as 0,5 mm, like the weight is being taken off the bottom of the laptop.

The entire time the fan is running it's making this sound. I can see that it's mostly running at around 2400 RPM.