[SOLVED] Is this capable of online gaming? (Particularly SWTOR)

SASD GHOST

Honorable
Feb 20, 2017
System Model: HP p2-1343w

System Type: x64-based PC

Processor: AMD E2-1800 APU with

Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 1700 Mhz, 2 Core(s)

BIOS Version/Date: AMI 8.07, 8/25/2012

I have been trying (and failing) to play SWTOR for several years now, with my graphics settings in game set as low as they can go. I've played on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz and both times the connection has been virtually flawless yet I still ping at like anywhere from 150ms to 500k+. (Lol, wth?!) I know my rig is an old piece of crap but for some odd reason I'm able to play ESO with very little issue which has me greatly confused. In SWTOR though, and basically every other game that wasn't made before 2011, my frame rate is disgustingly low and the lag is essentially unplayable.

I guess what I'm saying is, I need confirmation. It's the rig, right? And only the rig? Forgive my virgin ignorance, you see what I have to work with here. If you need more details about my desktop, feel free to lmk. Thanks in advance!

Solution
Yes.
Your CPU came soldered to the motherboard, there is no upgrading/ saving this thing.
You also don't have a PCI-e, so I can't recommend a cheap graphics card either.
Maybe just get some used HP home computer from 2016 and chuck a $50 graphics card in it?
It'll run like a champ.

Dooktar

Prominent
Dec 23, 2019
Yes.
Your CPU came soldered to the motherboard, there is no upgrading/ saving this thing.
Maybe just get some used HP home computer from 2016 and chuck a $50 graphics card in it?
It'll run like a champ.

Reactions: throwawayaccnt
Solution

SASD GHOST

Honorable
Feb 20, 2017
I'm with Dooktar on this. You got a budget to work with? Can you afford a new PC at all?
I'm working up to a $2,000 dollar build atm with some money already in savings but I'm in between jobs rn so thats kind of halted. I don't want to use any of it though since that's like my dream PC haha. I may end up doing so though.

Reactions: Dooktar

SASD GHOST

Honorable
Feb 20, 2017
Yes.
It'll run like a champ.
Thanks for the knowledge! I figured things would go this way but I needed to be sure. Thanks for the tip too, I'll look in to it. :)

Reactions: Dooktar