[SOLVED] Is This Case Fan Removal a Bad Idea?

Kirbyarm

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2013
So basically, my motherboard is most likely the culprit of an extremely annoying progressively worse with time electronic resonating pulsation or coil whine noise and I'm looking to replace it. In deciding this, I realize now that I may also replace the case itself while I'm at it since I have to practically rebuild the entire system anyway.

The case is a Fractal Design Meshify C (White) Mid-Tower ATX case. I love this case quite a lot, in fact, it has some of the best thermals I've seen from any case I've used. I realize this could be attributed to many things but it really does seem to have a nice open concept that promotes airflow as described by the manufacturers. The issue with the case is that I am forced to buy and use only the very shortest lowest profile/clearance RAM possible in order to correctly operate the dual heat sink dual fan design Noctua CPU cooler as it is intended. The bottom of the fan's outer casing is literally touching the top of the RAM sticks quite firmly and when I close the tower case's panel securely, it is also a very snug fit and quite firmly pressing against top the of the fan's casing. This is a problem because I want to fit any size RAM without worrying about how tall it is.

My solution is a new case. A wider one, to be specific. Really hate the idea of parting with this case though, so I've been asking around in some friend circles and a suggestion I've been getting it to swap the CPU cooler fans to the opposite side of each heat sink blowing in the rear direction which would completely remove any fan being above the RAM at all. However, as shown here - It really seems like it would obstruct certain airflow currents to have a CPU cooler fan so close to the rear case fan. He also said I could just outright remove the rear case fan which makes me greatly concerned about cooling performance if the air isn't exhausting flush and directly out of the tower case but instead just blowing and spreading the warm air against the rear grating.

Is this a hazard to attempt? What do you experts recommend I do here?

Also, while I'm here which motherboard can anyone testify has worked well for them without loud noise issues with a Core-i9 9900K compatible socket? I'd be replacing a Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Pro Wifi-CF.

Thanks for your time experts.

Solution
Remove the rear chassis fan, set up the 2 NF-A15s as pull-pull instead of the default push-push, and compare the new temperature results to what you got with your original setup.
To heck with all the speculation and second guessing - you already have the tools you need to find the answer, and there's no harm in trying.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Remove the rear chassis fan, set up the 2 NF-A15s as pull-pull instead of the default push-push, and compare the new temperature results to what you got with your original setup.
To heck with all the speculation and second guessing - you already have the tools you need to find the answer, and there's no harm in trying.

Solution