[SOLVED] is this case good for high end build ?

Solution
On paper, it should be fine.
I see that it has no preinstalled fans, so that makes it more expensive than it actually is. If you were - for example:
-get their RF120M 5-pack, this chassis is closer to 120USD.
-get their RF120 3-pack, it's closer to 100USD.
-or Arctic's P12 5-pack sitting between 25-40USD currently, bringing the chassis closer to 85-100USD.
If you already have fans, then that's all moot anyway.

This is a nice, detailed review from one who bought it through Amazon:
ItsAdam
4.0 out of 5 stars A good budget case, it could have been awesome!
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 21, 2020
Verified Purchase
So Deepcool finally bought out a Mesh Airflow version of the case, for £45 it...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
On paper, it should be fine.
I see that it has no preinstalled fans, so that makes it more expensive than it actually is. If you were - for example:
-get their RF120M 5-pack, this chassis is closer to 120USD.
-get their RF120 3-pack, it's closer to 100USD.
-or Arctic's P12 5-pack sitting between 25-40USD currently, bringing the chassis closer to 85-100USD.
If you already have fans, then that's all moot anyway.

This is a nice, detailed review from one who bought it through Amazon:
ItsAdam
4.0 out of 5 stars A good budget case, it could have been awesome!
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 21, 2020
Verified Purchase
So Deepcool finally bought out a Mesh Airflow version of the case, for £45 it seemed like a no-brainer. Reviews of the 55 case seemed really good, so I instantly bought it. I will include a TLDR and then a FULL review.

TLDR:
The case is pretty poorly designed, the case is actually designed for a small micro/mini board, not a ATX Motherboard. The SSD slots are not wide enough for the power and data cables and there's a riser screw missing for the motherboard.

If you are just using a full ATX or even Micro ATX, Air Cooling (or 280mm AIO) and only using M.2 SSD and a small standard size PSU then you will be fine with this PC case, you'll prolly really like the case!

If you're happy to invalidate your warranty and drill out the 4 rivers under and one in the front shroud you can easily fit a 170mm+ PSU in there, I have a big Corsair RMi 1000 in the case.

There are NO FANS with this case, I think for the price there should be a rear exhaust though. The rear exhaust ONLY FITS a 120mm fan!

Full Review:

Case Design + Build:
The case design is seriously poor for anyone who's trying to use it to its full potential. There was no thought at all gone in to the case, they just yolod sizing without even testing or measuring!

Although they claim its an ATX case, it really isn't even though its big enough.. The cable routing is difficult because the ATX motherboard covers the normal oval holes that cables would normally go through, and the holes where the SSDs mount are not wide enough for the 24pin OR the SSD cables, which makes mounting an SSD there IMPOSSIBLE.

The even more annoying thing is it comes with 6 motherboard screws pre-installed...and there's only 2 in the bag, which means you're 1 short which is really dumb!

The front dust filter mesh is insanely thin and flimsy, it struggles to stay in at all.. Whatever I ended up taking it out anyway.

The whole chassis is riveted together with small rivets instead of screws, meaning, if for any reason you wanted to take the top panel off of the case you'd have to have a rivet gun and small rivets to reattach.

The front panel inside has those removable plates that should just wobble + twist out, you know like the old steel cases used to have? Unfortunately the metal is that thin you just end up bending everything!

More on the front panel! The genius that designed this gives you an option to put 140mm fans all the way up and down the front of the case, which is nice.. Except higher up the case 140mm fans actually block the cables and you can't push on the front of the case! Brilliant design! I had to unscrew a washer and route the cables slightly differently and it just clipped on, although there is a bit of a gap at the back side of the case..

Glass Window:
There's not much to say about the glass window, but it is thicker than you'd think, and it does have a darkish tint, it is actually a nice colour, thickness and makes the case look good.

Airflow and Temps:
Comparing this to my much bigger old case the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe the temps were actually lower - most likely due to the much more increase airflow.

I saw a 2oc drop on the CPU and about the same on the GPU.

Marginal at best sure! That case wasn't exactly airflow Optimised anyway, but considering this little thing is much smaller inside it was nice to see temps actually drop!

If I put my hand in the case whilst it's on I can actually feels plenty of airflow in there, which is surprising considering the front only has 2 fans instead of 4 that I had before.

Extras:
The case did come with a few extra screws and bits, as mentioned before, it was missing 1 motherboard riser screw to make the case full 9 screw atx! That's not even 1p!

Final Thoughts:

If you're just slapping in the essentials (no dvd drive though) such as mobo, cpu, ram, gpu m.2 then you'll be fine, the case is great for a budget.

Not having a removable Hdd tray near the PSU (it's riveted on) reduces its ability, a few screws instead wouldn't have cost more and would have made a huge gain. Removing these rivets invalidates your warranty according to deepcool, I asked why and they didn't reply - I did include a lot of grumpy notes they ignored too!

The case is very thin metal, and there are no rubber grommets on the cable holes.

For power users you're going to be like me, kicking yourself how close this case could be to brilliance if they just did a few things different, or hell, added and charged £5 more.

Honestly a case with tempered glass that thick for £45 delivered is just insane. If they did some tweaks I recommended in my email to them and charged £55 for this case (would fit the name then too) it would easily be better than many cases out there, especially when it comes to airflow.

It's a real funky one, I couldn't help but recommend this case all day long for budget builds, but I'd really love to recommend it for higher end builds hut its just lacking those extra tweaks!

If you're a power user who didn't mind getting the drill out or a low requirement user then this is a good case.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS