Question is this coil whine or something else?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Is that a prebuilt? You might want to take a better audio/video clip of the above issue? To me it sounds like coil whine, not arcing. Mind sharing the make and model of the PSU and it's age? What is the PSU powering in that build? Looks to me like you're working with a prebuilt.

Dec 4, 2021

Is that a prebuilt? You might want to take a better audio/video clip of the above issue? To me it sounds like coil whine, not arcing. Mind sharing the make and model of the PSU and it's age? What is the PSU powering in that build? Looks to me like you're working with a prebuilt.
Hi there mate! thanks for the reply, the model is acer TC 885 specs that are notable are i7-8700, GT 1030, 8gb ram, and it was bought in december of 2018 so 3 years now. i think its 300W, not too sure and yes as im sure you can tell it is a prebuilt!

Dec 4, 2021

also, theres something which i think is called a grommet and its kind of broken although its still attached to the psu, half of it is loose.

Dec 4, 2021
Looks like a prebuilt.
Doesn't sound like coil whine to me though. It just sounds like inexpensive PSU electrical components that have ineffective (or nonexistent) sound dampening.
Hi there mate! Thanks so much for the reply, also, theres something which i think is called a grommet and its kind of broken although its still attached to the psu, half of it is loose.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS