[SOLVED] Is this compatible?

Solution

Yes it is compatible. Look to the QVL over here. That exact model number isn't there. That's still okay because the QVL is a guideline. The difference is that S. The model number with the Q is for a quad channel kit and the S is for a single channel kit.

My issue? It's single channel. Those sticks are compatible with...

Lutfij

Titan
Link doesn't work for me, rather
Sorry, the combo deal is no longer available.

If you're wondering DDR4 ram will work in pretty much all boards that support DDR4 ram, regardless of what the sticker on them says. Just a word of caution, pick DDR4-3200MHz dual channel ram kits when building around Ryzen.

Moved thread from Components to Systems.

Feb 4, 2019
Hmm, that's strange, link works me... anyway I'll tell you the parts just in case.

1. ASRock AB350M AM4 AMD Promontory B350 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard (Model:AB350M)

2. AMD RYZEN 3 1200 4-Core 3.1 GHz (3.4 GHz Turbo) Socket AM4 65W YD1200BBAEBOX Desktop Processor (Model:YD1200BBAEBOX)

3. G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Intel Z170 Platform / Intel X99 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-2400C15S-8GVR (Model:F4-2400C15S-8GVR)

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated :)

Yes it is compatible. Look to the QVL over here. That exact model number isn't there. That's still okay because the QVL is a guideline. The difference is that S. The model number with the Q is for a quad channel kit and the S is for a single channel kit.

My issue? It's single channel. Those sticks are compatible with motherboards that call for dual channel RAM. If the occasion arises where you need to upgrade you will be faced with a potential issue because RAM modules from different kits is not recommended. I would look for a combo with two sticks.

But it's an inexpensive combo. That's because they offered a single stick instead of two. That motherboard is also bottom end with little cooling and well, it's a bargain basement model that I don't recommend. A look to Amazon https://www.amazon.com/ASRock-AB350M-PRO4-MicroATX-Motherboard/dp/B06X9LN3QK#customerReviews suggests that maybe you should keep shopping because of the very low reviews on that board.

Solution