is this computer a good computer, and if so can i get any comparables? thanks

Solution
I think the best value in prebuilt budget gaming machines right now is the Alienware Alpha. It's been going on sale for $400 or so. You can get the base model directly from Dell for $500 right now. It has a better CPU and GPU than what you are looking at and is very compact. You can always upgrade the memory and hard drive later if you like.
Alienware stuff is usually overpriced, but this particular model is a pretty good value, especially if you can get it for $100 off.

Here's an upgraded one with more RAM and disk space from a reputable seller for $530
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Alienware-Alpha-ASM100-2980-Gaming-Desktop-8GB-RAM-1TB-HDD-/371312654464?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5673f57880
It's an ok computer for basic use:
CPU is weak but sufficient for basic tasks-comparable to an Intel Celeron.
It does have a dedicated GPU, but only a very basic one. You will be able to play most games at very low settings/resolution.
The case is pretty large.
Hard Drive is slow and relatively small.

It does have wifi if you need that, an OS preinstalled, and decent support.
For the price, it's a decent value for a basic computer.

It looks like a bad deal to me. The RAM may be a single 8GB stick, which will be slower than 2x4GB sticks, although at least it appears to be DDR3-1600. The video card is a HTPC card, not fit for games; you'll be lucky to be able to use even the lowest settings on any new games. Casual and Flash-based (i.e. browser) games will run fine. The hard drive is 7200RPM, but is small.
The PSU is likely to actually be a PSU-shaped object, probably labeled around 300W (perhaps good for 200W), and will not support any upgrades. The motherboard is likely to be an ancient 700-series chipset board that has had modern interfaces tacked onto it using slow third-party controllers. Since it includes Windows, keyboard, and mouse, the price isn't so bad for what you're getting, but if you can spend $600, you can build a much better system yourself.

The only game that pc will play on max settings is solitare.

CPU and GPU are both very weak and very low end.
Motherboard is likely very cheap, psu very cheap thus any half decent graphics card will require an upgrade.

As stated, $600 can build you a better PC then that will at least support upgrades.

I think the best value in prebuilt budget gaming machines right now is the Alienware Alpha. It's been going on sale for $400 or so. You can get the base model directly from Dell for $500 right now. It has a better CPU and GPU than what you are looking at and is very compact. You can always upgrade the memory and hard drive later if you like.
Alienware stuff is usually overpriced, but this particular model is a pretty good value, especially if you can get it for $100 off.

Here's an upgraded one with more RAM and disk space from a reputable seller for $530
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Alienware-Alpha-ASM100-2980-Gaming-Desktop-8GB-RAM-1TB-HDD-/371312654464?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5673f57880

Solution