Is this computer worth to purchase?

Solution
2x4 in ram is to enable dual channel. It improve ram performance a lot and almost with no extra moeny.
i5 can hold for a while, but I don't think very long since more game give more burden in cpu, such as GTA5 and assassin creed union.
Don't forget to get SSD. I just can't see medium spec pc without it anymore.
GPU better get at least R9-280 or GT-960. In game gpu is mostly the bottleneck part as long as your cpu already i5.

If you want, you could contact me and give me your store website and your max budget. We might be able to gather good parts within your budget.

If help please pick as best answer
No GPU isnt good enough

Buy this and build it yourself or pay someone to build it for you.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor (£86.69 @ Ebuyer)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£48.74 @ CCL Computers)
Memory: Kingston Fury Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£41.69 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£41.64 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card (£148.40 @ Aria PC)
Case: Zalman Z3 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case (£25.29 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£36.97 @ More Computers)
Total: £429.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-11 23:16 BST+0100

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
Compared to the other prebuilts out there, it's actually not bad. I put it together on pcp and here's what the total came to if you built it yourself:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor (£142.50 @ CCL Computers)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£35.24 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£43.63 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£31.19 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card (£96.99 @ Ebuyer)
Case: Zalman ZM-T3 MicroATX Mini Tower Case (£19.77 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply (£33.78 @ Aria PC)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer (£9.48 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £412.58
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-11 23:16 BST+0100

Add s/h and it should come to around the same price. It should be able to play GTA V around high settings.

GPU is your weakness in your build perhaps a GTX960 would be better and not cost too much more. A 8GB RAM kit (2 X4) is the way to go not 1x 8GB stick. As long as the 1TB drive is not a Green drive that should be fine. The motherboard is a entry level business grade model perhaps a H97 would be better. It says there is no O/S on it do you have one? Other then that the system is fine.

paulvasi8

Reputable
Jun 11, 2015

Well, I'm not really planning to build it myself as I don't have the capability to do so, however could you please explain what you mean by ''entry level business grade model'' and also what difference does the 2x4 make? Also i've seen some videos on youtube of people playing gta 5 on medium/high with the same specs so why would the GPU not be capable? (Sorry in advance if I sound like a noob but i'm not exceptional with computers, I only know the basics.)

schaft

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
2x4 in ram is to enable dual channel. It improve ram performance a lot and almost with no extra moeny.
i5 can hold for a while, but I don't think very long since more game give more burden in cpu, such as GTA5 and assassin creed union.
Don't forget to get SSD. I just can't see medium spec pc without it anymore.
GPU better get at least R9-280 or GT-960. In game gpu is mostly the bottleneck part as long as your cpu already i5.

If you want, you could contact me and give me your store website and your max budget. We might be able to gather good parts within your budget.

If help please pick as best answer

Solution

For motherboard Chipsets the H81 is the entry level lowest cost with the minimum specs. Then the B85 is the entry level Business Chipset it has more the then H81 more geared for what business computers and workstations use. The the H87-H97 are for the home enthusiast I would get the H97 over the H87 since the H97 supports the Devils Canyon core models. Then the Q87 is the top business chipset with security features some business need. Then the top chipset is the Z87-Z97 the Z97 the newer and better model supporting the Devils Canyon CPUs.

Most motherboard support dual channel memory mode this require 2 sticks placed in 2 banks as the motherboard manual will list. This gives increase memory performance and increases system performance over all. All so it is better to have to RAM sticks in place of one so if one stick goes bad you can still use your computer until you replace it.

The GPU you selected is above an entry an around a mid-level gaming GPU this is the target Nvidia has for this GPU chip and how it performs. If you want better GPU performance get a model with more cuda cores like the GTX960.

I hope this helps, good luck!

g-unit1111

Titan

Please do not beg the OP for a best answer selection. That does not automatically guarantee that you will receive one, and the moderation team frowns upon this sort of thing. Further asking for a best answer selection may receive a short vacation from the forums. Please keep that in mind in the near future. - G

g-unit1111

Titan

The GTX 960 would be the better choice than both of those. Better would be the Radeon R9-280X if you can squeeze that into your budget.

zared619

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2012

G-unit, right as always. +1 to that.