This is my configuration:

CPU LGA1151 Intel® Core™ i5-6600K, 3.5GHz, 14nm

CPU COOLER: LGA2011/1150/AM3+/FM2+ Thermaltake Frio Silent 12, CL-P001-AL12BL-B

MB LGA1151 Z170 ASUS Z170-P D3, PCIe/DDR3/SATA3/GLAN/7.1/USB 3.0

HDD SATA3 7200 1TB Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003, 64MB

AMD Radeon R9 390 Asus Strix 8GB DDR5, DVI/HDMI/STRIX-R9390-DC3OC-8GD5-GAMING

RAM: DIMM DDR3 2x8GB 1866MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Black CL10, HX318C10FBK2/16

600W Cooler Master B2 Series, RS-600-ACABB1-EU

I already bought this and I'm having big problems running games with my graphic card. Do you see anything that's not compatible or do you have any idea why I have problems with my configuration.

I'm thinking of either changing those components, asking to get a full refund or changing the configuration completely for the one my shop offers me for the money.

Please respond if you know the answer, because tomorrow morning I'll have to make a decision and I'm going to the shop. (In about 12 hours)

Thanks in advance,
Boki

Codejack

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2005
Graphics card should be fine. What's your CPU temp? That cooler isn't listed to work on LGA1151. It could be fine, but it's not listed, and if the CPU is overheating, that could be the problem.

Can you define "big problems?" Are you crashing? Low framerates?

Are you overclocking?

Do you have anything else running off of the power supply? Wireless cards, TV tuner cards, USB-powered devices, etc? Because just what you have listed is creeping up on 500W, and the B2 Coolermasters are not the best PSUs in the world. Again, could be fine, but if you are running a bunch of other stuff not listed, it could be an issue.

borianm99

Reputable
Dec 11, 2015
I made a mistake on my e-mail clicking, I haven't solved this.
The CPU is working flawlessly, but I have no idea why my graphic card starts crashing and flickering. If I do multiple tasks while I play on Very High/Ultra I risk to have my graphic cards crashed. But I can't believe it's possible that this new graphic card is a problem with it's performance, because it's a really expensive and good one.

Here is my GPU Tweak II: http://prntscr.com/9d1zw1
What I seem to see in my back:

My headphones with the USB vibration, mic and speakers, some USB thing going from a cooler if I see correctly, Ethernet, my mouse, my keyboard, my HDMI monitor and that's basically it.

I can try and post a video I made of how it looks, but basically flickering and screen goes black, and maybe comes back if Windows recovers the driver but at the end it's just black and I have to do a hard reset.

I have the latest AMD drivers and all other drivers checked by IObit's software but I'm still unsure whether it's a hardware or software problem.

As you can see in the picture, I tried downclocking, but I think If I could somehow do it more correct maybe it wouldn't have any problems.
It's an OC version, but I don't have the PSU for it (because I didn't notice I bought a OC version).

Codejack

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2005
The CPU overheating could be causing those problems, too. Check your temps.

The OC video card shouldn't be using that much more power. 600W is plenty, but cheap PSUs sometimes can't deliver what they promise. Not having enough juice could absolutely be the problem, though.

Drivers can also cause this, though; do a google search for the most stable drivers, which may be older, and try that.

borianm99

Reputable
Dec 11, 2015
I sent my whole computer to tech services to check the compatibility and what's wrong, because I picked the components and they put them together (and they "tested" it).

I tried all types of drivers, but what seems to fix it is when I manually through GPU Tweak II lower the voltage and down clock it on all basis.
CPU doesn't overheat, it actually has a perfect temperature around 30C, and I'm sure it's not bottlenecking the GPU because it's the newest generation of CPU's.

I would consider that changing the voltage time-to-time while playing games doesn't crash me, but I also had to turn up the fan to 70% which is so annoying, to keep the temperature around 55C on the GPU. I couldn't take that I have to down clock it and change the voltage all the time and that's the main reason I returned the whole PC, and I hope they will find if something is faulty or incompatible.