[SOLVED] Is this Cooler ok for a ASUS ROG Strix B450-F mobo?

denmurph

Reputable
Mar 28, 2016
Hey all,

After taking the advice from your fine selves, I've decided to instead of upgrading my Intel CPU on my aging Sabertooth Z77 mobo, to upgrade my mobo, CPU and RAM.

I'm a complete newbie, so checking and double checking if my new build is all a-ok. Here is is:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF
Nvidia GTX 1070
Kingston SV300S37A120G 113GB
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB
Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

It's not the powerhouse I want, but a good jumping off point. Can't spend too much as I just had a kid this year.

Anyway, to save some cash I'd love to use the cooler in my current PC, but I have no idea if it's compatible with the new mobo above. Here is it (please excuse the dust!)

zZqYblG.jpg

Would this be useable on the Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING mobo?

Thank you kindly :)

Solution
That's the thing, I'm not sure what cooler it is. I guess I'll look into an AM4 cooler. Quick question as I am a newbie, what should I be looking for in terms of a cooler, beyond it being AM4 compat? Any other details I need as I see so many different types, all at different prices. Like I said, cash is low so need to do it on a budget.
CPU comes with decent although at times noisy cooler, give it a try first, you can always upgrade cooler later.
Many air coolers with 120mm fan(s) and 3 -4 heat pipes would also suffice. For water cooling single rad 120 or 140mm fan(s) too. It's a low TDP (65W) processor, not much cooling needed.
Hey all,

After taking the advice from your fine selves, I've decided to instead of upgrading my Intel CPU on my aging Sabertooth Z77 mobo, to upgrade my mobo, CPU and RAM.

I'm a complete newbie, so checking and double checking if my new build is all a-ok. Here is is:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF
Nvidia GTX 1070
Kingston SV300S37A120G 113GB
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB
Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

It's not the powerhouse I want, but a good jumping off point. Can't spend too much as I just had a kid this year.

Anyway, to save some cash I'd love to use the cooler in my current PC, but I have no idea if it's compatible with the new mobo above. Here is it (please excuse the dust!)

zZqYblG.jpg

Would this be useable on the Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING mobo?

Thank you kindly :)
What is exactly that cooler ? It may be enough but AM4 has different mounting and probably wouldn't fit on AMD platform.

denmurph

Reputable
Mar 28, 2016
What is exactly that cooler ? It may be enough but AM4 has different mounting and probably wouldn't fit on AMD platform.

That's the thing, I'm not sure what cooler it is. I guess I'll look into an AM4 cooler. Quick question as I am a newbie, what should I be looking for in terms of a cooler, beyond it being AM4 compat? Any other details I need as I see so many different types, all at different prices. Like I said, cash is low so need to do it on a budget.

CPU comes with decent although at times noisy cooler, give it a try first, you can always upgrade cooler later.
Many air coolers with 120mm fan(s) and 3 -4 heat pipes would also suffice. For water cooling single rad 120 or 140mm fan(s) too. It's a low TDP (65W) processor, not much cooling needed.

Reactions: denmurph
Solution

denmurph

Reputable
Mar 28, 2016

Thank you for this info! :) Much appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS