[SOLVED] Is this correct price estimate for my build?

Solution
Save you want to build it yourself, and just get straight to the gaming, awesome rig here in my country and a sure keeper. I have it up for sale regardless.

Nobody's going to pay $2500 for a used PC that runs as well as a new PC that costs half that with a warranty. And if I sold someone something for twice what it was worth, I'd have a hard time looking at myself in the mirror.

I'm not sure why you asked the question if you didn't want to hear the answer.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
By my own estimates the entire build would be: $2551,69, if that is one can go with what the part picker says the parts would cost at this point.
Thought I might sell this rig and build another with the money gained.

DSzymborski

Titan
Wait, is this a rig you're selling? You can't price a used rig based on PC Part Picker prices in this way. I can literally find a GTX 1060 3 GB that list for $5250 in PCPP, but that doesn't mean anyone's going to pay for it. PCPP has no relevance for old parts or used parts.

You can already knock $600 off the top just for the GPU; an RX Vega goes for around $150 used now. Same goes for drives. And you'll get less than the sum of its parts for selling a rig as one unit, especially when it's not particularly balanced.

You might get $900 for this rig. $2500 isn't even on the same planet as reality.

Reactions: Why_Me

DSzymborski

Titan
Save you want to build it yourself, and just get straight to the gaming, awesome rig here in my country and a sure keeper. I have it up for sale regardless.

Nobody's going to pay $2500 for a used PC that runs as well as a new PC that costs half that with a warranty. And if I sold someone something for twice what it was worth, I'd have a hard time looking at myself in the mirror.

I'm not sure why you asked the question if you didn't want to hear the answer.

Solution