Is This CPU Good For Gaming?

snickersniff

Reputable
Jun 10, 2015
Hello

I have just completed my first gaming pc build here is the link to my specs, http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Snickersniff/saved/gpy9TW . Anyways my first question is how does that cpu look for games like battlefield 4, COD Advanced Warfare. Really any modern game. I am not looking to play these games on ultra or anything but would like them to be in the medium range. I know that Intel is better than AMD but it was not in my budget. Do you think this cpu/build will do for the time being? I will upgrade to Intel sooner or later in the near future.

Thanks for your help!

Solution
I think this CPU will do just fine on achieving medium settings. A quad core with a decent clock speed should leave you happy. I learned a while ago that when you're designing a gaming computer you don't want to venture to far from a quad core because games don't consume that much power (especially since you're not looking to run ultra or do overclocking) that the unused cores could actually lead to a performance drop. I went form a AMD 6 core to an Intel Quad core with a lower clock speed and I have noticeably greater performance.

LieutenantDansLegs

Reputable
May 22, 2015
I think this CPU will do just fine on achieving medium settings. A quad core with a decent clock speed should leave you happy. I learned a while ago that when you're designing a gaming computer you don't want to venture to far from a quad core because games don't consume that much power (especially since you're not looking to run ultra or do overclocking) that the unused cores could actually lead to a performance drop. I went form a AMD 6 core to an Intel Quad core with a lower clock speed and I have noticeably greater performance.

Solution