Is this crash caused by videocard failure? (got a screenshot)

theendless

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
I didn't check the temp of the card cause it crashes within like 1 minute of the game. And the entire computer crashes, not just the game, like i see that screen and it simply froze, Ctrl Alt Del didn't work. And no, I didn't overclock

theendless

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
I have also played another game, same thing happened. And a few times after I pressed the reset button on my tower, once it reached the desktop, it immediately crashed showing those blue squiggles

monsta

Splendid
Ouch man , thats not good , I can imagine you are not too happy right now.
Open the pc up and check if the card fan is spinning or if the card is full of dust , could be all clogged up and giving you overheats or it could be possible that the card is on its way out, always good to check if theres anything else thats causing the problem if you know what I mean.

theendless

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
I have actually checked both. I even went out to buy a can of compressed air to clean out the case. The card was originally a little filled with dust, not terrible, but now it should be very clean. I also checked the fan, it is spinning.

What I want to know is to make sure it's the videocard that's dying and not my motherboard and everything else. So I won't buy the replacement and the problem still persists.