Question is this custom cooler good enough for 1080ti?

Sep 15, 2019
Hi, I'm very much new and interested in watercooling and I need guidance. I found this somewhere in the internet https://m.banggood.com/PC-Water-Coo...9130&utm_content=10375&p=Y6250122603429201806. Is this good for my 1080ti? I game at 4k and getting 86 plus gpu temp. Is this loop better than having stock gpu cooler? Do I expect lower temp than I'm getting right now?. Thanks

Config of my pc
i7 4790k
16gb ram
asrock h81 motherboard
currently using hyper v led cooler cpu

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Sounds like this is an airflow issue and not necessarily a cooler issue, but we can determine that easily with a simple test.

Remove the side of your case and focus a desk or house fan at highest setting to blow into the side of the PC case. Run tests as you were doing before - does this make a difference in temperatures?

Before we go any further, can you please provide update on this?

Sep 15, 2019
Sounds like this is an airflow issue and not necessarily a cooler issue, but we can determine that easily with a simple test.

Remove the side of your case and focus a desk or house fan at highest setting to blow into the side of the PC case. Run tests as you were doing before - does this make a difference in temperatures?

Before we go any further, can you please provide update on this?

what do you mean by house fan and blow to side of PC? I mean even it fixes temp issue , does it fix my issue without blowing house fan to side PC (cause it is just temporary) ?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
My test isn't meant to 'fix' anything just yet. It identifies if you actually have a cooler problem, or if you just have poor case airflow. Please follow along and see if this makes any difference at all.

There is a very big difference between whether you need a new cooler or if your airflow is not sufficient. Even the best cooler cannot cool well if the case airflow is poor.

This test identifies which is taking place.

Sep 15, 2019
As my Zotac 1080ti AMP tends to hover in the low 80c range, while gaming, I am going to guess a case airflow problem, or a dirty heatsink.
Just figured out my one fan is not spinning as fast as the other one. It is spinning but not as fast as the other one i can see it clearly when fan spins and also compare the noises. Is there a way to fix the fan spin without replacing since here in Nepal, fan for my gpu is not available locally so I might have to search and buy online which takes about month to reach here.