[SOLVED] Is this dangerous for the card or the mobo?

ahmd3500

Reputable
Nov 20, 2018
So I have the Mb530p case, my mother board is the b450 gaming pro carbon and my gpu is RTX 2070 Super MSI Gaming trio X
The gpu support bracket holder that comes with the card, had one of the two rubbers ( the one in the middle ) immediately fall just as I was installing it, and atm the card is just there at the PCIE slot with nothing supporting it, is it in danger somehow?

Solution
Only if you are shaking the case or moving it roughly. The support is a good thing to have, but not necessary if your computer is going to sit in one place. If you are bringing it to LAN parties and such transport it on its side and you'll most likely be fine. If you aren't, I wouldn't worry about it. As long as it is screwed in properly it'll have enough support.
Only if you are shaking the case or moving it roughly. The support is a good thing to have, but not necessary if your computer is going to sit in one place. If you are bringing it to LAN parties and such transport it on its side and you'll most likely be fine. If you aren't, I wouldn't worry about it. As long as it is screwed in properly it'll have enough support.

Reactions: ahmd3500
Solution

ahmd3500

Reputable
Nov 20, 2018
Thank you so much