Is this decent?

G

So Im looking at getting a new computer, after being overwhelmed with building my own and just not having the time I thought id try dell. This is what I have currently,

Studio XPS 8100
PROCESSORS Intel® Core™ i7-860 processor(8MB Cache, 2.80GHz)
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English
MEMORY 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 4 DIMMs
MONITOR 20" Dell ST2010 HD Widescreen Monitor
VIDEO CARD ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB GDDR5
HARD DRIVE 1TB - 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 16MB Cache
OPTICAL DRIVE 16X DVD+/-RW Drive

It's going to run like 1,150 dollars

The only thing I do on my comp is program for school, and run WoW/HoN pretty heavily, currently I use a terrible laptop with like a mobility 9800 and I have way too much slowdown while trying to multi task while playing these games, as well in high combat situations I face slowdown that is very annoying.

I just want to make sure this will run the games fine with no slowdown and that there isnt anything im missing thats silly.

It's not bad. If I were to make any changes for myself I'd drop back to Core i5-750 with 4GB of RAM and get a HD 5770 video card. And maybe go from 20" to 22" or 23" monitor too.

You could get a more computer for your money if you want to think about building your own.

djbenny1

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
I'd go for a bigger screen too, probably 22" full HD - although the Dell screens dont have great reviews - maybe buy your screen cheaper elsewhere.

You won't need 8GB ram for what you say you're going to use it for, the slowdown you experience at the minute is probably GPU limitation and not CPU/memory.