Is this desktop good for gaming?

zeromelody

Reputable
Jul 19, 2015
I'm trying to find a desktop on a budget, not for heavy gaming, but for games like CS:GO and GMod, the usual Steam games, I found this Dell computer on Best Buy it has decent reviews, but i'm still wondering if it's good for doing medium gaming on it, here it the link in case you wanted to see for yourself: http://

zeromelody

Reputable
Jul 19, 2015

I'm mainly trying to run Counter Strike: Global Offensive and Garry's Mod. Not GTA V or any graphic heavy game, just normal VALVe games.

The requirements for Counter Strike - Global Offensive dictate a dedicated graphics card which should fit in that case (but watch the length). I would push the Asus GeForce GTX 750 TI OC Edition (currently $135 before rebate) as being a good fit to the system and what you want to do. You could probably go less expensive with something like the GIGABYTE GeForce GT 730 (currently $55) and get acceptable performance with medium to high settings.

Note: links used reflect the least expensive model of the series that I found during very quick searches