[SOLVED] Is this eBay PC trustworthy & good?

Sep 25, 2019
I have a gaming pc I’ve had an eye on for £505 (about $650) and my friend also bought it. So far my friend said it’s really good and i went to his house and checked it was amazing. He said he bought it off ebay and i believed him since all of his equipment and specs are the same. Later, i found out that the CPU, RAM, and motherboard are refurbished but the GPU and the rest is all brand new. It comes with refurbished monitor as well though. My mother only wants new big company pcs (Dell, HP, Lenovo) but they’re terrible and high priced although they are extremely trusted. Also the seller (Righclickit) got really good reviews which is comforting and they also have been selling a lot of equipment, cables and PCs. My friend is having an amazing experience with it, the reviews are awesome and it’s a great price and great performance. Yet it’s still ebay and not very trustworthy. Is it trustable? Is it worth it? My friend says so but is it really?

Link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTRA-FA...hash=item340c00bb82:m:mcgB1Opjg1S9tFS5feBmqoQ
Options:
  • i7 2600
  • 16 GB RAM
  • 2TB
  • 1660 GTX Graphics Card 6GB

Solution
The CPU is old. Its not bad but its just old.

I also find this part questionable:

““Our gaming PCs are made USING BRAND NEW COMPONENTS EXCLUDING THE MOTHERBOARD, RAM, AND CPU and come ”

The part that says "Excluding" makes me thing those components are not new which is not good. ALso the price seems low for that GPU considering a GTX 1660 is $259 in your area alone.
If they give you what's advertised yes but you have to be careful as people are known to cheap out on the PSU also yes DELL and HP are trusted but not only are there builds overpriced it's pretty difficult to upgrade them later due to them restricting what memory and such will work on the board.

The CPU is old. Its not bad but its just old.

I also find this part questionable:

““Our gaming PCs are made USING BRAND NEW COMPONENTS EXCLUDING THE MOTHERBOARD, RAM, AND CPU and come ”

The part that says "Excluding" makes me thing those components are not new which is not good. ALso the price seems low for that GPU considering a GTX 1660 is $259 in your area alone.

Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
From the listing, looks like they are a disposal company. So they are taking used business machines, trashing the hard drives, taking the motherboards out and putting them in a new case with a new power supply and graphics card. Probably pooling memory together from everywhere they recover it from.

I personally wouldn't be picking up an 8 year old CPU and motherboard with who knows how many hours on it.

Reactions: jimmysmitty
As far as Ebay....I purchase a large amount of used electronics from EBay for my profession.
I find that in general, buying on Ebay is a good experience and you can get very good deals.
The main things are.....make sure you know what the return policy is....and try to buy from a reputable seller...although I have purchased from sellers with very few sales and also have had good luck....but reputable sellers are probably better (look at their ratings and reviews).

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Spend a little more and you can have this:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor (£112.38 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: ASRock B450M-HDV Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£52.99 @ CCL Computers)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£73.98 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Crucial MX500 250 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (£39.95 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB XC BLACK GAMING Video Card (£199.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: BitFenix Neos Black ATX Mid Tower Case (£34.00 @ AWD-IT)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 520 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£55.47 @ Scan.co.uk)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit (£83.00 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £651.76
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-25 17:40 BST+0100

Used monitors are very cheap as well. Check your local listings.

Jul 25, 2019
Personally I wouldn't touch anything like that.. The motherboard has most likely had a hell of a lot of use out of it.. Cheap anything. Doesn't give in depth details of the parts so I imagine they're as cheap as possible