Is this enough of a buffer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is that time and long overdue (6.5 years) that I get to upgrade for myself this time.

Anyways, I had purchased the Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced along with the bundled in Coolermaster GX 550W, so the question is, do I have enough capacity to run;

RIG:

I5 2500K - At best oc'ed to 4Ghz, but very seldom.
TZ68A+
GTX 560 TI
RipJawsX 12800CL8D
1x optical
1x HDD
2x 140mm fans
4x 120mm fans
Zalman CNPS 11X extreme cooler.

The PSU's rated between 81-82% efficient and 528w on the 12v rail (44A)

I don't wan't unused capacity only sufficient with some extra play.

Regards.

That would be great news, the cost between the GX 550 and 650 was not justified and I hate getting more than I need. In respect to GPU's I tend to buy in that mid-high bracket hence the 560 TI as it is more that sufficient to kill Skyrim, Mass Effect and Formula One.

I was concerned about living on the edge in terms of capacity, but if there is enough play and some leg room thats all good.

It can be, the general trend is that during upgrades, peoples eyes open up and want the best of everything, but in the real world you don't really need it. I was at one point going large but then decided to rather build to my usage which is rather limited.

eg: the price difference between the P8Z68 V and the Biostar TZ68A+ is R700+, while yes Asus is better quality and feature rich, the Biostar board has just enough goodies and can perform well enough to make a viable economic solution. I was also looking at the Corsair TX and HX series but the capacity and price was not justified.

I am not a big gamer but play Elder Scrolls(for like 2 billion hours) and Formula One as well as good RPG's, I don't play FPS often so I can afford to lower spec and still max out comfortably.

I would agree, but just because a PSU is 500w, doesn't mean it is not quality, conversely just because a psu is 700w doesn't mean it is quality. A quality PSU needs to match ones usage. In my scenario, I don't need much capacity but I need the PSU to be quality in that capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.