[SOLVED] Is this enough thermal paste?

Jan 7, 2019
So i had to send back my cpu and i had to remove the thermal paste off it. The stock thermal paste is now reduced and i dont know if it is enough. So it this enough? And if not, can i add corsair thermal paste above it or should i remove the thermal paste and add the corsair paste on the cpu(or cooler?) Cooler= Nzxt x62

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ERDkMmPkJZxx91hf9

Solution
When removing any cooler from your cpu always clean both surfaces and start with brand new thermal paste. Never ever reuse the "old" paste. The size of a pea in the middle should do the trick. you should not have any paste squeezing out then you have used too much and will actually hurt the heat transfer process. Less is better than more in thermal paste.
That looks fine...or maybe I'd go a little more. It's kind of hard with a pic...because I can't get an idea of how it will flatten out.

Basically you want just enough paste to fill the interface with just maybe a tiny bit squeezing out when you tighten it.

As far as mixing the pastes....I wouldn't mix them because I really don't know what the unintended consequences of that are.

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
When removing any cooler from your cpu always clean both surfaces and start with brand new thermal paste. Never ever reuse the "old" paste. The size of a pea in the middle should do the trick. you should not have any paste squeezing out then you have used too much and will actually hurt the heat transfer process. Less is better than more in thermal paste.

Solution