[SOLVED] Is this even workable?

Feb 28, 2019
I need help finding something that fits between my Tv (Samsung Q6F) and my Surround Sound speakers (logitech x-530), what sort of adapter or converter?

Thank you for any help you can offer:)

bLHg9Wh.png

Last edited:
Solution
would it give me the performance i need, (the fully working 5.1 surround)?
That's a big FAT negative.

These are PC speakers intended to be hooked up to a.... tada PC.

The speakers themselves take discrete 5.1 channels analog audio from a PC. The PC does the surround decoding.

TVs have no surround decoding capability, it just sends out the surround signal and expects your external gears to do the decoding.

Your external speakers would have surround decoding if it accepts a digital signal in the form of HDMI/Optical and has setting for the many surround modes. The X530 has none.

There are cheapy decoders you can buy to insert in the middle but I have no idea over their performance and reliability.
Feb 28, 2019

Hi

Thanks for the answer, its just that... my Surround system doesn't have red and white RCA that's coming out from its system but only those three 5.1 analog cords.
Or i don't know where i would put those ´6 RCA with each having one 3.5mm.

I'm somewhat confuesed

would it give me the performance i need, (the fully working 5.1 surround)?

The speakers themselves take discrete 5.1 channels analog audio from a PC. The PC does the surround decoding.

TVs have no surround decoding capability, it just sends out the surround signal and expects your external gears to do the decoding.

Your external speakers would have surround decoding if it accepts a digital signal in the form of HDMI/Optical and has setting for the many surround modes. The X530 has none.

There are cheapy decoders you can buy to insert in the middle but I have no idea over their performance and reliability.

Reactions: yusuf45
Solution

So a bit like... tada, the optical to RCA devices. They work well enough to power PC speakers.