is this Factory sealed?

gferrin2012

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
Hello,
I just purchased a asrock extreme6 z77 motherboard. My question is, when I received it, there was no seal, the box had no sealing tape and the anti-static bag had no factory sealing tape. Also missing two pamphlets. The pamphlets I can look past, concerned about if this is how motherboards come?

Solution
Most don't come "sealed" anymore. It's common for a place to open it up to it verify bent pins, hell, I open the one up I'm buying in a store to look at the pins before I take it home.

gferrin2012

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013

Thank you very much..that's exactly what I needed to know, just a little nervous.

kyle382

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
I have also noticed stores reducing their standards as chicken mentioned however if it is missing manuals thats pretty bad. Probably an "open box" item that was returned and now is in your hands. When I get this kind of stuff I immediatley send it back. If you really need the part NOW give it a good inspection and see if it works. Order from a different store next time.

gferrin2012

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013

Yes, what chicken said is very true, I picked one up at microcenter, noticed right away no sealing at cashier. Took back, the sales assistant got another one (hopefully) that was packaged the same way. All the included components are still sealed, everything looks good. The two inserts that are missing are pretty much brochures. But, microcenter is just down the street from my work and I am still a little way from assembling this unit. May return just for piece of mind.