Question Is this fine or compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll need to update the motherboard's bios if you're gonna use the 3600, but once that's done then it should all work fine. As for Ivana and Zdenka, I'm afraid they're totally incompatible. Gonna have to forget about those components, newer better models are always on the market.

Sep 24, 2019
You'll need to update the motherboard's bios if you're gonna use the 3600, but once that's done then it should all work fine. As for Ivana and Zdenka, I'm afraid they're totally incompatible. Gonna have to forget about those components, newer better models are always on the market.
Alright thank you.

Sep 24, 2019
Oh and as for prices, you are being charged more than you should. The 3600 should only be 194USD or around that, and the motherboard is 114 USD but the USD is weaker than the Euro, so it should be cheaper than 117 and 219 they're charging you. So yes you're getting ripped off
Ahhh thx, I will look out for that

The MSI MAX boards are Ryzen 3xxx compatible out of the box, not bios update required.

Still, it would be ideal to update the bios given the new AGESA microcode optimizations for the 3xxx series. OP's new CPU won't achieve max rated boost clocks without it. Or so other people say.

OP when you do get that board just visit the site https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX and check if your motherboard has the latest bios. Some vendors install it for you sometimes but make sure yourself. Latest version for that board is 7C02v35 as of now.

Sep 24, 2019
Still, it would be ideal to update the bios given the new AGESA microcode optimizations for the 3xxx series. OP's new CPU won't achieve max rated boost clocks without it. Or so other people say.

OP when you do get that board just visit the site https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX and check if your motherboard has the latest bios. Some vendors install it for you sometimes but make sure yourself. Latest version for that board is 7C02v35 as of now.
I will make sure to do that. Again thank you for your help. I'm new to this whole pc building thing and am only 12 so I will need as much help a possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.