Is this future proof?

brett.denooijer

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017
I have ana10 7860k and a gtx 1050ti and 8 gb ddr3 ram how long in the years will this last for before it is no good for gaming if anyone knows? I know it's not good parts even at the moment I just wanna know thankyou?

Solution
It all depends on how long you plan on playing games currently available and the requirements for games in the future. A 1050 Ti is more on the lower end of current generation video cards... but as long as you don't mind continuing to do 1080p & are ok with lowering graphical settings on newer games, it'll probably last you some time. I'd say at least 2 - 3 years.
The A10 however is a bit out-dated now. I'd probably suggest upgrading to a newer 8th gen Intel setup or at least a Ryzen setup. Also, it's getting more common for newer games to require 16gb of memory.

toshibitsu

Distinguished
It all depends on how long you plan on playing games currently available and the requirements for games in the future. A 1050 Ti is more on the lower end of current generation video cards... but as long as you don't mind continuing to do 1080p & are ok with lowering graphical settings on newer games, it'll probably last you some time. I'd say at least 2 - 3 years.
The A10 however is a bit out-dated now. I'd probably suggest upgrading to a newer 8th gen Intel setup or at least a Ryzen setup. Also, it's getting more common for newer games to require 16gb of memory.

Solution