CPU: AMD FX-8320 Black Edition
CPU Cooler: Deepcool Gamma Archer
MOBO: Biostar A960D+ Ver 6.x
GPU: Sapphire HD Radeon 7870 2GB Ghz edition
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500gb, 7200RPM
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x4gb DDR3-1600
SPU: XFX Core Edition 550W
DVD: Samsung SH224DB
Case: Aerocool V3X blue ATX (not sure of this one)

Complete build: 530 EUROS, not pounds/dollars. I kinda preferred slightly lower but I can always get the white Bitfenix Shinobi case for Caseking for just 17 euros which is a bargain.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador

Does the mobo have any other negatives despite that it can't be OC'd? The proper mobo's will cost me twice as much. Another solution is to go with an FX6300 and get a good overclockable mobo. Is that a better solution?

thasan1

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
@RCFProd, the problem with the mobo you picked is that it doesnt have a powerful enough VRM, so if you OC, with extra voltage VRM will most likly get fried, and probably killing the CPU in the process. and since your only gaming (i assume) switching to FX 6300 won't be give you a major decrease in performance. so if FX 6300 allows you to buy a better quality mobo, id say go with it.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
Thanks for the reply. Just to make sure, if I had no intentions to overclock at all, would the mobo listed in my very first post be good enough to do the job for me?

And if I kept the FX8320 without the intention to overclock, should I ditch the cpu cooler? I heard the stock cpu cooler can be really loud. Thought it was a good idea to add an aftermarket cooler to reduce noise.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
Ok, after I ordered all the components, should I take the risk to build it myself? (By watching tutorials on YT etc.) or should I let someone else assemble it for some money. I've never done anything like it before but I did watch some tutorials. Is it really that easy or is there a chance of me doing something wrong and get left behind with a non-working PC?