[SOLVED] is this going to come back???

Sep 26, 2018
so last week a heard form a tech Chanel YouTuber that the 1080 ti cards are going out of stock and might never come back :( so any ways ive been saving up for the gtx 1080 ti strix from asus and its currently out of stock and was wonder would this card be coming back for black friday or something or would i have to go for rtx or something like the ftw3 from evga pls help im kinda dead sett on buying all my parts on black friday and whant to know what grapics card i should get

Sep 26, 2018
does any one know if there going to be more stock of the strix 1080 ti's or are they sold out i refer to the normal one not the oc as i think the oc is probably all sold out and according to pc part picker hasnt been in stock for 5 months

No one can predict the market but can I ask why you want a 1080Ti? Here in the YK the 2080 cards are the same price or sligtkt cheaper (some places are still trying to get £2K for a 1080Ti) and there’s Strix cards available for them. Also aren’t they pretty much the same performance?

Sep 26, 2018
i want the 1080ti first are 150 less expensive and already am going to be paying 300$ for asus maximums hero because of my poor wifi in my area even with something like fios that i have and you only see a 1% increase form what heard on mostly graphic demanding games vs im mostly playing high fps games like ow fortnite and dont relay care for things like rtx even if the feature is not going to be wide spread in games for at least another 2 years and that ive heard that rtx bottleneck some cpus lol even with 8700k and im planing on streaming so this could be a problem because from what i heard streaming is quite cpu intensive as well hears my list https://pcpartpicker.com/list/G27W6s
so you guys can see

Sep 26, 2018
i also forgot to mention that i mainly want the strix card because of the auro sync match up as well as the high perforce it bring to the table and think would match up with the maximus relay well by the way i live in the us if that helps with some information on prices and haven't seen cards go for 2k ponds which im guessing is around 1500$ i am also 16yr i know your going to say im spoiled but this counts as Christmas and my birthday present and cant afford to spend more money than this

i just watched a review of the newest 2080Ti and I don't think there is a cpu that can really keep up with it.... it's for high FPS 4K and 1440p use. still maxes out almost every available cpu. I wonder how a 24 core Threadripper would do with it.

I would buy up 1080ti all day though and not need the latest...

Well they were hitting it was synthetic test benchmark software. It’s impressive but The cost over a 1080 TI for maybe 25% better performance isn’t really worth it to me. It’s just up to what the user considers worth it. Thanks for sharing that information. It’s good to know in that in most games it won’t tap out a high end cpu

For me...getting me over the 4K hump justified the cost.

....and just FYI.....the games I've run so far on 4K ultra are DOOM 2016, No Man's Sky, The Talos Principle (doesn't stress much of anything), Divinity:Original Sin 2 and Planet Coaster.

In general the games are running around 60-90 fps.

CPU usage is generally spread among the cores pretty evenly.

I got a little worried when I heard about the 2080 Ti Founders Editions dying..because that's what I have....but so far, so good. (knock on wood).

Sep 26, 2018
ya i think all the new cards well some of them just die on you randomly do to bugs but what ive been seing is the newest equipment from boards like intel 9900k 2080ti fe asus z390 are relay bad on heat management especially that they advertise them as extreme overclock able but are quite dangerous when overclocked with out something like liquid cooling in my opinion paying money for that isnt worth it