[SOLVED] Is this good and does it fit?

Solution
Nice website, but as about useless as snowshoes in the Sahara.

It says you can mount a 240mm AIO, but doesn't say if only top, or top/front options.

If the stats are correct, you have 163mm of clearance for an aircooler, which mounts anything except the very largest of towers.

The 3700x is not a hot running cpu, none of the Ryzen really are unless you manually OC well past the cpus PPT limits. So yes, a 240mm is just fine, but so is any number of decent aircoolers.

You have options. "Best Buy" is a personal thing, I prefer liquid cooling, but not adverse to a Noctua NH-D15S or beQuiet Darkrock TF, as both of those offer superior cooling for a 3700x within 163mm. The Noctua is standard twin tower, the beQuiet is downdraft...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Nice website, but as about useless as snowshoes in the Sahara.

It says you can mount a 240mm AIO, but doesn't say if only top, or top/front options.

If the stats are correct, you have 163mm of clearance for an aircooler, which mounts anything except the very largest of towers.

The 3700x is not a hot running cpu, none of the Ryzen really are unless you manually OC well past the cpus PPT limits. So yes, a 240mm is just fine, but so is any number of decent aircoolers.

You have options. "Best Buy" is a personal thing, I prefer liquid cooling, but not adverse to a Noctua NH-D15S or beQuiet Darkrock TF, as both of those offer superior cooling for a 3700x within 163mm. The Noctua is standard twin tower, the beQuiet is downdraft, similar to the stock cooler and I think looks better overall.

2x 140mm/120mm in front and a 240mm on top will also provide more than ample cooling. Just be aware that Ryzens self govern voltages and clock speeds, so are very responsive to changes in VRM temps, a week point for AIO's.

It's a personal thing. You'll be good whichever direction you go in.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS