[SOLVED] Is this good deal (Used PC)

HyperBeat

Honorable
Mar 1, 2019
Hello,
So, In my country PC parts are really expansive, anyways.

I got this deal from a friend for 400$:

Intel core i7 4790
RX-580 8gb
8gb Ram (Haven't asked him for the speed)
SSD 120GB
HDD 500GB

Thanks for reading this and answering my Question! <3

Solution
It all depends on how you look at it. And NO I have no idea what $ parts are in your area but.

RX 580 8gb average US mind you $110.-200.00 ebay quick look

in the US ddr3 memory is give away prices on the used market anything not ddr4 and a Ryzen CPU is the plague

again SSD 120gb amazon 20 bucks US

1 tb off amazon cheaper than 500gb deals so. 30 bucks

So on the whole if seller gives it to you for $300 not bad. I have won more deals when you tell seller " I have cash and can come now" they always say okay sure

No shipping no chasing parts from different sellers. Just bump up memory, fresh install of windows and set and forget.

But here we are and black friday here. That 300/400 could get you fresh still warm out of the oven Ryzen...
It all depends on how you look at it. And NO I have no idea what $ parts are in your area but.

in the US ddr3 memory is give away prices on the used market anything not ddr4 and a Ryzen CPU is the plague

So on the whole if seller gives it to you for $300 not bad. I have won more deals when you tell seller " I have cash and can come now" they always say okay sure

No shipping no chasing parts from different sellers. Just bump up memory, fresh install of windows and set and forget.

But here we are and black friday here. That 300/400 could get you fresh still warm out of the oven Ryzen CPU, ddr4 memory ..................you get the picture.

Like I said I have no Idea of parts or $ in you part of the world.

Last edited:
Solution

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
If this system is fully operational and on a legal Windows license, and not being familiar with the pricing where you are (just at your word) I would say go for it. If nothing else you could sell the processor and video card to recoup most of your money based on US pricing. I would imagine there is enough left in the system to round out that total or use as the basis for another build/upgrade later.

HyperBeat

Honorable
Mar 1, 2019

So on the whole if seller gives it to you for $300 not bad. I have won more deals when you tell seller " I have cash and can come now" they always so okay sure

But here we are and black friday here. That 300/400 could get you fresh still warm out of the oven Ryzen CPU, ddr4 memory ..................you get the picture.

Like I said I have no Idea of parts or $ in you part of the world.
First, I don't have credit card. Or any method to buy online.

The lowest price I found for Amd 2600 was 210$ and 260$ for an rx-580. Yes, prices are really high, I also got offer from a store near me; 1050TI + Amd 2600 = 750$ which isn't worth at all! Prices here are 30% higher same with the online websites.

I was planing on having Amd 2600, 1660 TI and 16GB ram, but after I saw the prices and of course after couple weeks of searching I gave up.

Anyways thanks for answering my question! Much appreciated.

And by the way I was not knocking the system your looking at. It's a solid machine and no I don't have ddr4 or Ryzen gear.

I have one of those plague haha CPU's. If you have the cash go for the deal. See if seller will budge if not still not bad.

HyperBeat

Honorable
Mar 1, 2019
And by the way I was not knocking the system your looking at. It's a solid machine and no I don't have ddr4 or Ryzen gear.

I have one of those plague haha CPU's. If you have the cash go for the deal. See if seller will budge if not still not bad.
Well... Sorry if I said something wrong, but I didn't mean anything at all not sure what I said wrong, I was just explaining why I choosed this instead of building my own. Anyways thanks for helping me, much appreciated. Also, PunknCat thanks too!

Reactions: punkncat