Is this good enough to run sims 3?

deklanmadden

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017
I have 0 knowledge about PC gaming and such but I was wondering if a dell optiplex 780 would be good enough to runs sims 3

Solution
Jesus, if you're THAT sketchy that you can't even look at the unit to find the product label I don't think anybody is going to have any chance of answering your question. It's not like I'm asking you to tear it apart. The label should be easily viewable on the outside of the case either on the back or side.

Steel_Nugget

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
I looked up the OptiPlex 780 to see what the specs looked like but saw a couple models. From what I saw from the Sims minimum requirements the PC should technically run the Sims 3, but my best guess would be that it would NOT run it well. If you have access to the PC and can tell me the specific specs then I could give a more accurate prediction. If you have the PC all you have to do is go to the search bar and type in "System" this should bring up a window that will give you the specs. The ones you should list are the "Windows Edition" "Processor" and "Installed Memory (RAM)".

Without knowing the exact model number of that Optiplex 780 or the express service tag number, so we can see what hardware it actually incorporates, it's impossible to say with any certainty. Since that system was probably released the year after Sims 3 was released, it's possible, but it depends on which model you have and whether or not an aftermarket graphics card was ever added.

If you know what model of graphics card and CPU you have, or can provide the exact full model number or service tag number, then we could say for sure.

deklanmadden

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017
I can't build PCs so I don't know what that is but I was just wondering if it would work is all

Steel_Nugget

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
So do you not own the OptiPlex 780, and are you just looking for a cheap pre build to play the Sims? Also I was going to add that the cheapest option IF you already have the OptiPlex would be to buy the Sims 3 on Steam and if it doesn't work you can refund it as long as you do so within two weeks and before you get 2 hours of play time.

deklanmadden

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017

No i do own it but I don't want to touch the thing. I also hate buying anything online sadly

Jesus, if you're THAT sketchy that you can't even look at the unit to find the product label I don't think anybody is going to have any chance of answering your question. It's not like I'm asking you to tear it apart. The label should be easily viewable on the outside of the case either on the back or side.

Solution