[SOLVED] is this good temperature for this graphics card under load?

seyedsadegh2011

Prominent
Dec 15, 2018
hello

is this good temperature for ROG-STRIX-GTX1070TI-A8G-GAMING
under load?
i have run Furmark Stress Test for about 5 minutes with fan at 100% speed.

max temp in above photo is 68C.(Burn in test, 1920x1080 with 8xMSAA)
also most of time i can hear coil whine noise or something like that when gpu is under load, that isn't very loud, shoild i be worry about that? is this dangerous?
Thanks a lot

Solution
5 min is a bit short, though as the load will never be as high when you are gaming, the temps are fine.
MSI afterburner allows to set up a fancurve where you can set the fanspeed to better correspond to the card temps other than rev it at 100%

BringerOfTea

Reputable
5 min is a bit short, though as the load will never be as high when you are gaming, the temps are fine.
MSI afterburner allows to set up a fancurve where you can set the fanspeed to better correspond to the card temps other than rev it at 100%

Solution

seyedsadegh2011

Prominent
Dec 15, 2018

thanks for your answer,i have seen lower gpu temps in reviews for this graphics card, so you think this temp is good?
also could i know your comment about coil whine in first post ?(i have updated first post)
thanks again.

seyedsadegh2011

Prominent
Dec 15, 2018

for about 30 minutes heavy gaming (one of the most graphical demanding game) gpu temp was about 75C or 74C (almost max temp) with default asus fan setting, gpu usage was almost more than 75% most of time.(vsync enabled)
in battlefield 1 with vsync enabled and ultra setting, gpu temp reached about 60C or a little more or less, but duration was lower than above game.
my current monitor refresh rate is 60Hz.
thanks

seyedsadegh2011

Prominent
Dec 15, 2018
after about 20 minutes of running unigine heaven with 1920x1080 resolution and 8xAA (Quality: Ultra and tessellation: Extreme) max gpu temp was 80c with maximum 58% speed of fans.(default setting for fans)
is this normal?
7g9p_0001.png

also my case have only one fan (also door is closed)

thanks a lot for any help.

4yjt_img_20190124_163603.jpg

seyedsadegh2011

Prominent
Dec 15, 2018

Thanks for all answers.
do i need RMA or something like that for this graphics card?
as i remember 80c don't happened for me in games, i play games (mostly) with vsync enabled or adaptive and my current display frequency is 60Hz.
in demanding games maximum gpu temps which i have seen is almost between 73c to 78c. (with default fans setting and closed door case).
(at this time i don't like to set fans speed to 100% because of noise)

Thanks again.

BringerOfTea

Reputable
a RMA would probably fall short, cus the card is working as intended, only as good as it can with its restricted airflow... probably heat up a good deal along with your cpu.... if you find it to hot maybe move the computer to the top of your desk. If you can that is, missuses tend not to like that ;)