[SOLVED] Is this gpu is salvagable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2022
So,I spilled water on pc while it was plug in and gpu took some of it.After inspection only this place on it took damage, everything else is fine.Is there any hope that my gpu can live or should I give up and give it a proper burial?

Solution
Use 70-90% isopropyl alcohol and an old toothbrush to scrub affected areas clean, flush with IPA, towel-dry, let it dry for a while (you can use a hairdrier or oven at "keep warm" temperature) and cross your fingers.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the newcomer!

Allow the entire GPU to dry off in the air, then remove any dirt or debris on the PCB's surface then try and power up the system with your discrete GPU. Also, what is the make and model of your discrete GPU?

Apr 4, 2022
Welcome to the newcomer!

Allow the entire GPU to dry off in the air, then remove any dirt or debris on the PCB's surface then try and power up the system with your discrete GPU. Also, what is the make and model of your discrete GPU?
Okay, thanks you.My GPU is gtx 1060 dual 3072m gddr5 192bit

Apr 4, 2022
Oh my god,my gpu is resurrected! Thanks all of you for your advices.But can I ask one final question,do i should make some restrictions on gpu so I can never worry again that it could malfunction or it will be fine even when playing some heavy on graphic games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS