[SOLVED] Is this GPU ok for my PC ?

Jun 17, 2021
I have a PC with this configuration:

motherboard ( intel dh61bf)
processor (intel core i3-3220 ) ,
ram (corsair vengeance ddr3 8gb quad channel)
hdd (500gb)...

now i am planing to buy a graphics card so i choose (asus cerberus geforce gtx 1050 ti 4gb oc edition gddr5 gaming gpu)

is this GPU is ok for my pc?

Solution
It's fine, depending on what games you are looking to play. GPUs are currently very pricey, so I'm expecting that the GPU is worth almost the same if not more than the rest of your computer combined.

If you can find, say a used GTX 970 for the same amount of money or less, I'd go for that. It performs better. The GTX 1050TI isn't that good a card. Though, in comparison to the rest of your system, it'll be pretty good.
It's fine, depending on what games you are looking to play. GPUs are currently very pricey, so I'm expecting that the GPU is worth almost the same if not more than the rest of your computer combined.

If you can find, say a used GTX 970 for the same amount of money or less, I'd go for that. It performs better. The GTX 1050TI isn't that good a card. Though, in comparison to the rest of your system, it'll be pretty good.

Solution

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
It is OK, sure. It is not a fast card however. Current chip shortages have pushed the old 1050Ti up to the price of a 2070Ti. But you will still be getting 1050Ti performance, despite the higher price.

You could not have picked a worse time to upgrade your GPU.

I see one potential issue.
Your motherboard is so old that it does not have a UEFI bios.

Modern graphics cards like the GTX1050ti need a UEFI bios to be recognized.
Some GTX1050ti cards will have the ability to recognize legacy motherboards, but others may not.
I have no idea if the particular card you selected has that capability.
There may be a bios update for your motherboard to enable it to detect a uefi card.
Give it a try if you can return the card.
The GTX1050ti is a great card.

Cards up to the 700 generation Like a GTX750ti will run.

Reactions: JWNoctis