ItsNathan

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Hey, My family needs a new pc so I went online to look at the Barebone kit's at Tigerdirect. The computer will be mostly used for doing work and browsing the web, and possibly for the most playing Minecraft. So far I've selected two kits, one for $200 and the other for $180 which are essentially the same, Now I know that's after rebate and they don't bring a HDD. The only significant difference between the two kits is that the one for $200 brings a Radeon HD 5450 and the other for $180 does not bring a GPU, Is having a GPU really a big deal if your not gonna play any games? Is that low end GPU worth the $20 more?

Here are the kits:
$180 w/o GPU http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7620237&CatId=332
$200 w/ HD 5450 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7620208&CatId=332

Thanks

Those 2 builds are cheap. With the one without the GPU there is no output to video. The chip does not have onboard graphics and it doesn't look like the motherboard does either. You might be better in looking into integrated graphics but you won't get a whole set for $200. Sometimes though you get what you pay for.

Sumukh_Bhagat

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
The one with GPU will be good.
You'll get a better display than usual.

And you'll be able to watch HD Videos with 5450.
Your CPU or Mobo doesn't have a Integrated Graphics.

And you'll be able to play Minecraft on 5450 but not on the other.

So get the $200 Computer

ItsNathan

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm aware that those kits are Cheap but for what they are gonna be used they will do just fine, I wasn't aware of the graphics problem, I'll go with the $200 kit then. Plus, $200 versus lets say a Pre-Built PC which are always above $300, This kit is way better off. And it sure beats the 10 year old Dell Optiplex dying in my parents bedroom, It's been way too slow lately and I think something is wrong hardware wise, That old pc has done it's job and now it's time to move on.