[SOLVED] Is this gtx 1080 Ti repairable?

Jan 16, 2021
Hey there, I would like to ask if this card is repairable. It appears that the PCIe was loose and caused this issue. Card is not working at the moment.
s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg

s-l1600-3.jpg

Is there any chance this can be repaired, or is it dead for good ?

Solution
Hey there, I would like to ask if this card is repairable. It appears that the PCIe was loose and caused this issue. Card is not working at the moment.
Repairable? The pcb is damaged.You repair it by replacing pcb.
That means -
getting a new pcb,​
removing all components from old pcb,​
soldering them onto new pcb.​
Considering number of elements and complexity ... doesn't seem to be doable.
Do you think, you can do it?
That means -
getting a new pcb,​

Solution
Jan 16, 2021
That means -
getting a new pcb,​
I was expecting that the board would be done for good. Well, I don't think so, probably is off to be used for spare parts

Thanks for the info.

InvalidError

Titan
Well, it is only the PCIe power connector area, so there is a reasonably good chance there aren't any random critical traces on board layers and could hypothetically be fixed by cutting off the charred area, scratching off layers to access the 12V/5V/3.3V/ground traces further up the PCB and gluing+soldering in a replacement edge connector.

That is assuming the reason the power tab on the PCIe connector burnt due to a loose motherboard connection and not something going wrong with the GPU itself causing it to over-draw from PCIe and burn it off. Maybe the VRM failed and shorted PCIe power to ground.

Reactions: monkeye

InvalidError

Titan
Pretty sure, it's not going to be that easy.
It's multiple layer pcb after all.
It may be multiple layers but multiple layers of mostly power/ground planes, not something that requires exhaustive layer-by-layer comprehension of the board's layout to figure out. You can probably live without re-routing the JTAG pins and with a little luck, the SMB pins resurface elsewhere on the board to jumper to instead of having to dig them out, though they may not be essential either.

Reactions: monkeye