[SOLVED] Is this how hard a GPU PCB is ?

Solution
Overall not strong enough as was once the case.

Thinner to cut material costs. But the prices still needed (?) to go up to make any profit.

And being thinner also makes clumsy mishandling or accidents more likely to damage any given product. Some designs make that inevitable.

Also likely to make DIY repairs more difficult, if not impossible, and less likely to succeed.

More plastic being used instead of metals.....

Even then I am seeing metal screws that once subject to any torque either round out the screw head (even with a properly fitting screw driver) or just outright shear apart.

I am sure that others can post similar comments and examples.

Ralston18

Titan
That is a seven year old Youtube video.

= = = =

Similar - yes.

Even if not physically breaking into pieces just flexing and bending can cause damage.

Especially for today's thin (cheaper) PCB's.

So did something happen to your GPU? Is there a problem with the GPU?

XANtheman

Prominent
Feb 12, 2022
That is a seven year old Youtube video.

= = = =

Similar - yes.

Even if not physically breaking into pieces just flexing and bending can cause damage.

Especially for today's thin (cheaper) PCB's.

So did something happen to your GPU? Is there a problem with the GPU?
No just wondering how strong are pc components. Component cost has increased over the years so why are today's PCB thinner ?

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Overall not strong enough as was once the case.

Thinner to cut material costs. But the prices still needed (?) to go up to make any profit.

And being thinner also makes clumsy mishandling or accidents more likely to damage any given product. Some designs make that inevitable.

Also likely to make DIY repairs more difficult, if not impossible, and less likely to succeed.

More plastic being used instead of metals.....

Even then I am seeing metal screws that once subject to any torque either round out the screw head (even with a properly fitting screw driver) or just outright shear apart.

I am sure that others can post similar comments and examples.

Solution