Question Is this intel cpu socket savable?

Why would you remove it from the socket? It looks more like it was inserted into the socket wrong then closed.

Only thing you can try is a pair of tweezers and a magnifying glass to straighten them but that is the worst case I’ve ever seen.

Edit: Better to buy a replacement cpu and ensure it’s installed properly.

Nightwinq

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Why would you remove it from the socket? It looks more like it was inserted into the socket wrong then closed.

Only thing you can try is a pair of tweezers and a magnifying glass to straighten them but that is the worst case I’ve ever seen.
I removed it from the socket to check for any dust or anything caught inside because my cpu fan had lots of dust but I guess I must have inserted it wrong even though there is an indicator where to insert I’m not sure what was going throug my head

Cioby

Distinguished
Jesus Christ. I had 4 bent really bad pins and I fixed mine. If you have the time and tools to manually make every pin move back to the original position yes. If you don't have the time or patience and 100$ to blow, just buy a new motherboard. But it is salvageable.

Nightwinq

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Jesus Christ. I had 4 bent really bad pins and I fixed mine. If you have the time and tools to manually make every pin move back to the original position yes. If you don't have the time or patience and 100$ to blow, just buy a new motherboard. But it is salvageable.
Just found out like 7 of them are broken in half rip guess I’ll get a new motherboard

I went to check my cpu one day to clean it and i seem to have accidentally done something not sure maybe accidentally dropped it this was a week ago and now the pins are bent I was wanting to ask you guys if you believe this is saveable https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/533405160710602754/547550523553873931/image0.jpg
Were you cleaning cpu socket with a scrub sponge or something? That's probably the only way to cause such damage. It looks like ~1/3 of pins are broken. That is not repairable.

scrub-sponge-500x500.jpg

TRENDING THREADS