Question Is this laptop is good?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Depends on the cost & location.

Pro-wise, it's probably relatively cheap for the specs you get. That's been the Nitro's ace-in-the-hole for quite some time.

Cons - it's feel like it's built to a pricepoint

11th Gen i7 + 3050 (non TI?), 16GB and a 1080p/144Hz screen.... shouldn't look to be paying more than maybe $700 USD or local equivalent off the top of my head, even that might be a stretch.

Much more than that, I'm pretty confident you could do better than the built quality of the Acer.... even if it meant getting an open-box deal (with full warranty) .

Reactions: MarwanES1

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
I haven't been a fan of laptops, since the manufacturers started to neglect full performance at full battery time.

I doubt that you will have a pleasurable time for the entire rated 8hour battery life @ full performance if the AC power rating is 180Watt.

Let me know when somebody makes a laptop for gaming that can last on it's battery for more than a week @ full performance 24/7, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

Last edited:

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I haven't been a fan of laptops, since the manufacturers started to neglect full performance at full battery time.

I doubt that you will have a pleasurable time for the entire rated 8hour battery life @ full performance if the AC power rating is 180Watt.

I don't think there's any "neglect" involved... there's nothing that can be done, with the components they have to work with. Advertising is a whole other issue, but they can hardly advertise "40 mins battery life at 100% load" when their competitors do otherwise... that's just business.

You've never been able to get 'full performance' from a laptop on battery for anywhere close to it's rated lifespan, this isn't new. Batteries can only be so big.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
I don't think there's any "neglect" involved... there's nothing that can be done, with the components they have to work with. Advertising is a whole other issue, but they can hardly advertise "40 mins battery life at 100% load" when their competitors do otherwise... that's just business.

You've never been able to get 'full performance' from a laptop on battery for anywhere close to it's rated lifespan, this isn't new. Batteries can only be so big.

By that seems that the laptop manufacturers need to seriously start at improving the batteries they intend to use in their products, just imagine how many units they could sell if the target market wasn't only people that can't stay seated at a desktop.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
By that seems that the laptop manufacturers need to seriously start at improving the batteries they intend to use in their products, just imagine how many units they could sell if the target market wasn't only people that can't stay seated at a desktop.

Has nothing (or very little) to do with 'improving' the batteris.

There is a legal upper-end for what you can carry on a plane, battery-wise. Don't recall what it is offhand, but the majority of laptops will be in the ballpark of it. Some cheaper laptops will fall a bit shorter.

Laptop manufacturers main general focus is people who can't stay seated at a desktop - up to & including those who must travel by air frequently.

Inthrutheoutdoor

Reputable
BANNED
Feb 17, 2019
Other than the weak GPU and being called a "Gamin lapper", there's nothing really wrong with it per se....

If the price is really good AND you only plan on playing older games, you might be ok with it.

Personally, I would rather spend another $100-200 & get something with a 3070 or 3080, but that's just me :D

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
What about this asus, Is it better than the acer nitro?

https://2b.com.eg/en/asus-tuf-fx506...-3050-ti-4gb-15-6-fhd-win10-eclipse-gray.html

Both have the same price here, I'll either buy the acer or the asus but i don't know which is gonna be better choice

Looks like a decent product, if you really must have a laptop instead of desktop, not a bad choice by the specs of it.

And the price, can't help with that, I can't make out what currency that is nor have I ever seen that, so if the hardware inside the laptop you're getting is actually worth that I wouldn't know.

MarwanES1

Commendable
May 3, 2020
Looks like a decent product, if you really must have a laptop instead of desktop, not a bad choice by the specs of it.

And the price, can't help with that, I can't make out what currency that is nor have I ever seen that, so if the hardware inside the laptop you're getting is actually worth that I wouldn't know.

Its about 1282$
I already have a pc but i needed a laptop to be able to take it outside my house.
So is that asus better than the acer? Both will be the same price

Inthrutheoutdoor

Reputable
BANNED
Feb 17, 2019
Its about 1282$
I already have a pc but i needed a laptop to be able to take it outside my house.
So is that asus better than the acer? Both will be the same price

If possible, you should keep shopping around some moar..... as $1282 is way out of line for a lappy with a 3050 gpu.....

my son just bought an Asus last month with a 3080 for only $1400.....and if you can use Amazon Prime (or sign up for the free trial), they are having their fall shopping event (similar to black friday) on October 11th & 12th and usually have some really good deals on lappies !

Plus as I said before, the 3050 is NOT/never was much of a gaming card to start with, and I think you will be unhappy with it's performance really fast :)