Is this listing on ebay fake? 1060 6gb looks too cheap to be true.

Solution
Ill have a few people I know how these scams work

Ive seen bricks etc sent in boxes in the past & even just empty boxes sent out.

Thats single item sellers though , with a seller like this with 187 items for sale , somenin multiples of 8-10 all at 2-5% retail price there's never going to be any kind of dispute over getting payment reversed .

Like I said half tempted myself even though I absolutely 100% know its not legitimate.
It has to be mate .
Same seller also list 1080's for £88.

Id argue if you pay with paypal there's a money back guarantee but theres no way you're getting that GPU for that money.

Best case scenario you'll pay for it & wait a month for a refund.

I mean , Im half tempted to go for it myself (£80 missing from my bank for a month isn't going to affect me at all).

Common sense though says no dont bother.

xalazan

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012

I was thinking just that, its only 50 and paypal surely is safe for money back guarantee

xalazan

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012

haha thats so true... im surprised theres still scams, i thought ebay/paypal holds the money for 1 month before the seller receives the money so any scams can be rectified with ease.

Ill have a few people I know how these scams work

Ive seen bricks etc sent in boxes in the past & even just empty boxes sent out.

Thats single item sellers though , with a seller like this with 187 items for sale , somenin multiples of 8-10 all at 2-5% retail price there's never going to be any kind of dispute over getting payment reversed .

Like I said half tempted myself even though I absolutely 100% know its not legitimate.

Solution
Hacked account ,on an established seller account with no recent sales but decent feedback.
Only needs to be up there an hour or 2 max to coin it in,those listings have gone now completely - likely the actual account holder has reported them or ebay/paypal's automatic security has flagged it.

If they've sold 30 or 40 items at £70-80 they've coined £3k in.

& when I looked at all those recent items 7 or 8 had been sold on each listing so its way in excess of that - more likely £10-15k.

TRENDING THREADS