Question Is this loop order correct? Concerned

sniper2606

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
I just got done with my build, spare me the hard tubing recommendations for now please.

i7 7700K delid OC to 5.0 idle temp 30c to 35c full load 70c to 80c depending on room temps.

RTX 2080 ti idle 30c full load 60C.

Yes i know those temps arent bad but i feel like the CPU should be lower, and also my 1080ti on full load only got to 52c.

IMG_20190324_222254 by sniper260687, on Flickr

This is the order i went with and i feel like i should of went with the out hole from the reservoir to the top radiator then feeding the CPU out hole to the GPU.

Break down of the order from the picture.

Side radiator into the reservoir out to the GPU, GPU to top radiator then to CPU and CPU to side reservoir.

I know loop order from doesn't matter but this just looks wrong, compering others .

I feel like this order should allow better cooling, yet doing the draining and fittings again its a pain, but willing to redo if order if wrong.

Thank you.

decb4f44_Loop1 by sniper260687, on Flickr

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I can see the photo, but cannot see the labels for IN/OUT, but if you are certain this is correct, it depends on whether the block has a universal flow pattern or if flow is designed to only go one direction. Often, flow will 'still work' if it is reversed but might be more restrictive due to design, and also might not cool as effectively.

Some GPU blocks are also designed this way, others are unidirectional.

TRENDING THREADS