[SOLVED] Is this many updates in one day normal?

AaronKyle

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 30, 2019
aFtOO5h.png

From the image, you can see that there are 5 Security Intelligence updates and some more others? I'm just wondering if this is a normal occurrence considering I usually have 1-4 updates per day.

Lutfij

Titan
I don't always go looking for what updates are there but when I do get the time, I tend to hit the Check for updates button and let it do it's thing. The updates will only come as your system needs it, not more nor less. In fact sometimes it's better to leave the update feature alone in case a new update borks the system.

I'm actually an advocate of being a late adopter to updates since everyone can go through the issue and then figure out how to resolve said issue.

AaronKyle

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 30, 2019
I don't always go looking for what updates are there but when I do get the time, I tend to hit the Check for updates button and let it do it's thing. The updates will only come as your system needs it, not more nor less. In fact sometimes it's better to leave the update feature alone in case a new update borks the system.

I'm actually an advocate of being a late adopter to updates since everyone can go through the issue and then figure out how to resolve said issue.

Thanks for the reply. I just went over on Microsoft's website and it turns out that they released like 5 Security Intelligence updates. So every few hours there is a new one? That should be normal?

So, I should stop checking system updates and just let Windows do them?