[SOLVED] Is this memory compatible with my MB?

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
Hi!

In a few weeks, I will build a new pc using the RX 5700XT and the Ryzen 5 3600. I'm using the ASRock B450M Steel Legend as MB. Now I found this ram ( https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX432C16PB3AK2_16.pdf ). I can get it here in Belgium for 110 euro's and I just find it so weird that 16GB and 3200MHZ RGB and the most prize hurting of all it is for AMD. Most of the time it costs a lot of money to get that kind of ram for an AMD MB. According to the memory qva it should work. But I still don't really trust it, will it actually work yes or no?

Thanks!

Solution
Yes it should work fine.

Most RAM will, as long as it's the correct type (DDR3/DDR4, DIMM etc). Even unheard of brands still work. Even higher timing modules can often just downclock to meet the MB specification.

Why not trust it? Kingston HyperX is a well known and well established brand in memory modules, that also come with lifetime warranties! Also if it's on the MB QVL, then it means ASRockhave tested the RAM and found it to function normally.

Even when RAM isn't on the QVL, all it usually means is that the RAM hasn't been tested with the board, not that it isn't compatible.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Yes it should work fine.

Most RAM will, as long as it's the correct type (DDR3/DDR4, DIMM etc). Even unheard of brands still work. Even higher timing modules can often just downclock to meet the MB specification.

Why not trust it? Kingston HyperX is a well known and well established brand in memory modules, that also come with lifetime warranties! Also if it's on the MB QVL, then it means ASRockhave tested the RAM and found it to function normally.

Even when RAM isn't on the QVL, all it usually means is that the RAM hasn't been tested with the board, not that it isn't compatible.

Solution

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
Yes it should work fine.

Thanks for helping, Still I've heard that some ram do not work with the zen 2 chips