[SOLVED] Is this motherboard compatible with this cpu and gpu?

Solution
It's not a negative. It's just that DDR3 isn't compatible. You asked if everything there was compatible, and that memory is not.

The rest of the concerns I listed are worth considering though. If this is all this system is ever going to be, then it's fine so long as you throw some DDR4 in there, preferably maybe 2666mhz-2933mhz, 8-16GB, two sticks. But if you every want to run a higher end Ryzen CPU from the Ryzen 5, 7 or upcoming 9 series, it's not going to be a very palatable choice of motherboard. If you want to run faster memory than that, again, you'll likely see problems or not be able to at all.

A320 is the worst and most basic of the Ryzen chipsets.

You would be MUCH wiser to go with something like this instead...
Yes, it's compatible with everything except the memory. You need DDR4 memory. Something in the range of 2133mhz to 3000mhz. That motherboard is poor quality though, but for the Ryzen 3 it should be ok. Don't expect to upgrade to a better CPU later without problems and don't expect to run memory at speeds above maybe 2933mhz on that board if you're lucky.

Getting something from the B450 family would be a much wiser investment than A320 chipset boards.

You can't use that DDR3 memory with this platform.

kuji_boi

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018
Yes, it's compatible with everything except the memory. You need DDR4 memory. Something in the range of 2133mhz to 3000mhz. That motherboard is poor quality though, but for the Ryzen 3 it should be ok. Don't expect to upgrade to a better CPU later without problems and don't expect to run memory at speeds above maybe 2933mhz on that board if you're lucky.

Getting something from the B450 family would be a much wiser investment than A320 chipset boards.

You can't use that DDR3 memory with this platform.

What if i use ddr4 ram instead of ddr3, if it can only support ddr4 ram i dont see why thats a negative because i can just buy ddr4 ram?

It's not a negative. It's just that DDR3 isn't compatible. You asked if everything there was compatible, and that memory is not.

The rest of the concerns I listed are worth considering though. If this is all this system is ever going to be, then it's fine so long as you throw some DDR4 in there, preferably maybe 2666mhz-2933mhz, 8-16GB, two sticks. But if you every want to run a higher end Ryzen CPU from the Ryzen 5, 7 or upcoming 9 series, it's not going to be a very palatable choice of motherboard. If you want to run faster memory than that, again, you'll likely see problems or not be able to at all.

A320 is the worst and most basic of the Ryzen chipsets.

You would be MUCH wiser to go with something like this instead.

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£68.84 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £68.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-03 05:21 BST+0100

Solution