[SOLVED] Is this normal for a HDD?

Apr 21, 2021
Hi,

I have been trying to save large recording files on my Disk drive while playing games. I moved my game over to my SSD, and put my recording save file in my HDD. My HDD is a ST2000DM008-2FR102.
When I have pressed saved footage, I notice the disk drive is at 100%, which doesn't seem right to me but I am no technical expert. My HDD has 1.35TB remaining out of 1.81TB. Is this normal or is this a HDD issue?
Here are my CrystalDiskMark results.

JXjW6R.png
njvEkA.png

Thank you for reading

Solution
if windows system folder and windows is on the hard drive then it going to max that hard drive out hard drives have two bottlenecks...the speed the drive spins and the max data rate over a standard sata port. if you can put your windows and games you use a lot on the ssd. keep the hard drive for backups.
if windows system folder and windows is on the hard drive then it going to max that hard drive out hard drives have two bottlenecks...the speed the drive spins and the max data rate over a standard sata port. if you can put your windows and games you use a lot on the ssd. keep the hard drive for backups.

Reactions: detrix4
Solution
Any decent chunk of data read or written will typically cause a spinning drive to go to 100%. for the duration of the read or write....

(I see identical behavior on my spinning drives monitoring task manager while running CrystalDiskMark during both read and write portions of test...albeit with slightly faster ~120 MB/sec reads/writes)

Reactions: detrix4
Apr 21, 2021
Any decent chunk of data read or written will typically cause a spinning drive to go to 100%. for the duration of the read or write....

(I see identical behavior on my spinning drives monitoring task manager while running CrystalDiskMark during both read and write portions of test...albeit with slightly faster ~120 MB/sec reads/writes)
Ahhh ok thank you

Apr 21, 2021

Sweet I will check that out. Thanks for the help